Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake M35 DD

Article about: And you'd be lucky to get a decent relic for \\$80 these days!

?

Default Fake M35 DD

I have seen this for sale. After checking the decal thread I confirmed my suspicions that it had fake decals applied. Both too rounded. My question is, would you buy it for $80? It is marked E167 (?) inside - is the shell good? I have pics of the inside coming hopefully.

Fake M35 DDFake M35 DDFake M35 DD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake M35 DD
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fake M35 DD

Fake decals, fake camo (no doubt), air vents look weird so maybe a fake shell as well. If by some miracle the shell and liner are original and unmessed with and you are happy to remove the decals and paint somehow then $80 would be a good deal but I bet that this isn't the case.

?

I agree the vent holes look very strange. Not the typical M35 vents, so i doubt the shell is good. M35 are not flat like these but more conical.

Regards, Lars

the shell, the painting, the decals are copy.

For the price 80 $, you can buy it for a copy ! Is not a stupid purchase for reenactment

?

Can't say it is worth pursuing, but that is just me.
    That $80 could be put towards an original helmet.

Brad.

not worth it, if it was me. i would save the 80$. if you do end up getting it you brobably be never happy with it just knowing the whole helmet is fake.

?

An utter abomination. Invest the $80 in lottery tickets. If you win 15-20k you can buy a real SS camo. If you win $1500-2k you can buy a decent DD Heer. If you win $150-200 your further ahead than you were before. If you lose it all well at least you had fun trying. All options presented are better than having this "thing" on your shelf.

Quote by DougB View Post
    An utter abomination. Invest the $80 in lottery tickets. If you win 15-20k you can buy a real SS camo. If you win $1500-2k you can buy a decent DD Heer. If you win $150-200 your further ahead than you were before. If you lose it all well at least you had fun trying. All options presented are better than having this "thing" on your shelf.
    Amen to that!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I know helmets is your passion Doug, but don't get so hard on him However i fully agree. A relic lid would be better as it's at least a German helmet

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast