Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fake SS.

Article about: This was on Craigslist and the owner first stated it came from his grandfather and then later he bought it from a German soldier. IMHO the decal and paint are as bad as the story. Opinions w

Default Fake SS.

This was on Craigslist and the owner first stated it came from his grandfather and then later he bought it from a German soldier. IMHO the decal and paint are as bad as the story. Opinions welcome, he admits the liner is reproduction but sent no photos.

Fake SS.

Fake SS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake SS.
    P
    Many

?

Whenever your asking for an opinion on any helmet but in particular an SS always post the lot number and maker. The photo of the decal is low res, but nonetheless I agree it does not appear to be the real McCoy from what's shown.

Hi ,it does not look good to me , as Doug says a maker and lot number would be good to know but in this case I do not think it would "help" to enhance the chances of this one being original. Leon.

Doug I asked for better photos and numbers and suggested it was fake and was lambasted by the seller. That was the only reason I posted it here. After he told me it had a reproduction liner and that he paid $1,000 for a professional appraisal I called BS. Then the story changed from his grandfather who was a fighter pilot bringing it back to a german soldier selling it to him. ROFLMAO

Excuse my ignorance, but as it looks like a M42, did they have these type of vents? Decal looks bad.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but as it looks like a M42, did they have these type of vents? Decal looks bad.

I also looked at the vent close. I'm not sure any part of it is genuine. The shell could even be reproduction.

Quote by Logictox View Post
    I also looked at the vent close. I'm not sure any part of it is genuine. The shell could even be reproduction.
    Yes it is a odd shaped vent for a M42 and the decal is very rounded at the bottom.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I am with you both on the vent too, I reckon the lot is repro and that is exactly why he hasn't included an inside pic of the lid regardless of the liner as he probably knows anyone with a shred of knowledge will smell an awful stink! I honestly can never fathom what sort of people these are that make up stories like this in attempts to try and con people out of their hard earned money no matter how big or small the amount, I could never do that as I like to think I am an honest genuine person. Says a lot about certain people out there who will say or do anything to make money. Cheers, Sean.

?

Quote by Logictox View Post
    Doug I asked for better photos and numbers and suggested it was fake and was lambasted by the seller. That was the only reason I posted it here. After he told me it had a reproduction liner and that he paid $1,000 for a professional appraisal I called BS. Then the story changed from his grandfather who was a fighter pilot bringing it back to a german soldier selling it to him. ROFLMAO
    I have found its best not to discuss authenticity with a seller, as it usually doesn't end well. In this case you received quite the trifecta of stories. $1000 for a professional appraisal? Wow, I am in the wrong business....

Re- the vents, this is another reason for my wanting the maker. Nothing looks right here but pics are as expected from sellers like this, in low res.

Doug this is a copy and paste from his email.

"The individual the authenticated to Helmet put the value at $12,000.00. He also stated that determining the authenticity of an item goes beyond the physical appearance, taking into account where the item was obtained, who obtained the item, and where the item was made. I paid $1000.00 for the authentication and was offered 7000.00 by the individual who performed the service."

That was when I suggested he had either been had or was less than honest.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast