Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Foreign SS Helmet

Article about: Hello all, Annoyed from this ads?   I have a question about this SS foreign volunteer's M42 helmet. It's an NS66 helmet, which is unique, from what I understand most helmets of this typ

...... and when a helmet like this can buy you a nice compact car, one needs to be abso-lootly sure!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Foreign SS Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Dan, this is why I place emphasis on posting before u buy.

?

G43, if Bruce is 100% confident this is the real deal wartime applied Pocher decal, then you shouldnt have a problem getting your money back, or buy a different SS helmet from him.
    Last edited by SSamir; 09-26-2014 at 02:38 PM.

?

If we bought items based on someones word then we are not collectors. The hobby would be boring, uninteresting, lame, or whatever you want to call it. Personally, I would stop. Don't need collecting items based on someones word, experience, yes, not someones "word". I highly recommend you pick up a copy of SS steel by KHicks and start hanging about here in the forums. You would be surprised how much u could learn.

G43
    ?

SSamir, firstly I never claimed that Bruce was the "be-all-end-all" of anything. I merely said he is a nice guy who knows his stuff pretty well. I know he has experts sometimes vet his stuff when he is unsure. I also, am not biased monetarily because I only made one payment and I know I could get the money back if I wanted. I understand this is an odd configuration, I have Kelly's book and he does mainly show the DD Pochers over other decals in his foreign section. I do not think it is out of the realm of possibility however. Thank you for your input. I'm interested to see what others have to say.

?

No worries.
    I am constantly buying, trading SS helmets. Its my passion. I love the history, the gear, particularly the helmets. I strictly focus on the helmets. I dont mess about heer, luftwaffe or any other branch aside from SS helmets. By no means I am no expert, but I can assure you I am not naive, either. I am a confident SS helmet collector. I know my SS helmets. One thing I learned about SS helmets, if you are not 100% confident or the helmets are not one-lookers, best to leave them alone, at least this is how I collect.

G43
    ?

Perhaps Doug or Kelly could shed more light on this helmet. I do have to say I have never seen another in this configuration, as well. I was sold by the authenticity of the helmet and decal itself. Hopefully we will learn something new.

?

By the way, sheets of pocher decals were brought home by the GIs after the war. Lots of these sheets came from surrendering ss divisions. Many circulated through the collector world and ended on plain jane NS helmets, particularly the M42s, so every NS M42 with an SS decal, I approach with caution.

?

Quote by G43 View Post
    Perhaps Doug or Kelly could shed more light on this helmet. I do have to say I have never seen another in this configuration, as well. I was sold by the authenticity of the helmet and decal itself. Hopefully we will learn something new.
    Theres more than one out there, you could bet on that.

G43
    ?

I see your point, duly noted. I've seen unused Pocher decals in books and reference sites before too. Thank you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast