Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

france helmet "SS"?

Article about: by LAS VEGAS I have what purports to be a chalamayne divison relic ss helmet which was found in poland.i believe the remnants of the division where chased out of poland ,and ended up in berl

Default france helmet "SS"?

original helmet? original decal?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture france helmet "SS"?   france helmet "SS"?  

france helmet "SS"?   france helmet "SS"?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement france helmet "SS"?
    P
    Many

Default Re: france helmet "SS"?

Charlemagne division.not the real deal.Very very rare.I have been looking for one for years never came across a real one.

The runic decal is an Italian post war replica. That decal is shown in the Kelly Hicks book, "SS Steel". n this helmet, it is also poorly applied, look at the cracks on the top of the decal, and it is applied over rust as well. The liner is a repro. Because the decal and liner are bad, I would be virtually certain that the Tricolor is bad as well. Can't comment on the chinstrap other than to say that from what the photos show, its age is not consistent with the "age" of the helmet. Jim G.

Am I correct in saying the Rune Decal is the round bottom fake??
    Still learning. John

Greetings, the chinstrap is my reply, can you tell me the hull is original or is a replica of the decals

Quote by johnhmcgary View Post
    Am I correct in saying the Rune Decal is the round bottom fake??
    Still learning. John
    John.............This one is a fake, but not all round bottoms are bad. The helmet in question is a complete fabrication, from tip to toe

[QUOTE=helmet2id;146410]The runic decal is an Italian post war replica. That decal is shown in the Kelly Hicks book, "SS Steel". n this helmet, it is also poorly applied, look at the cracks on the top of the decal, and it is applied over rust as well. The liner is a repro. Because the decal and liner are bad, I would be virtually certain that the Tricolor is bad as well. Can't comment on the chinstrap other than to say that from what the photos show, its age is not consistent with the "age" of the helmet. Jim G.[/QUOT]

You are correct on all your info.Yes the tricolor is bad as well.Only a few of those helmets still are in collectors collection.

All is bad on this one , the unpainted steel shell is the only thing original.

The round bottom fake is a higher quality fake than this one and has more traits in synch with originals. This one has no traits in common with an original.

I understand that the steel shell is original repainting? and aged?

I have what purports to be a chalamayne divison relic ss helmet which was found in poland.i believe the remnants of the division where chased out of poland ,and ended up in berlin 19 45 where they aparently knocked out many t34s.the relic is solid ,and cacked in mud there are still the cover rivets there ,and some remnants of the cover.it has some liner and chinstrap.i tend to trust the dealers information on it!if so a very rare helmet,but who knows???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast