Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Funky SS decals?

Article about: Are these decals for real?? I have never seen anything like them, and wondered if they are 4th Reich or some foreign volunteer variant? Any help appreciated.

The "SS" helmet is a fantasy piece. (No comment on the other 2 as there aren't adequate pictures.) Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Funky SS decals?
    P
    Many

ho hum.

Don't always count the funny ones out. This one is very odd looking but also very real and was one of a contract batch of 200 or so....not soldier art. Of course, it's the exception to the norm.
    Funky SS decals?Funky SS decals?Funky SS decals?

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Don't always count the funny ones out. This one is very odd looking but also very real and was one of a batch of maybe 200....not soldier art.
    That's true, but I am still leaning towards "vet-art" on the M40. As far as hand painted SS decals on WW1, commercial and RZM produced helmets, it's best to leave them to Kelly Hicks, DaryllP and DougB who have the right experience.

Regards
    Samir

Quote by SSamir View Post
    That's true, but I am still leaning towards "vet-art" on the M40. As far as hand painted SS decals on WW1, commercial and RZM produced helmets, it's best to leave them to Kelly Hicks, DaryllP and DougB who have the right experience.

Regards
    Samir
    The example I posted comes via Kelly Kicks certificate. I have no comment in regards to the originally posted helmet, I was just showing a authentic painted example for reference. Personally, I'd never try to authentic an SS helmet, much less one like the one above as it's not my field of study or interest.

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    The example I posted comes via Kelly Kicks certificate. I'd never try to authentic an SS helmet, much less one like the one above.
    Yes, I know the one you posted is an original. Actually i'm very familiar with it. I was referring to hand rendered SS decals in general.

It's description:
    Funky SS decals?
    My thinking was this thread could use an authentic example for future researchers rather than the same ole' "it's fake" example.

?

Speaking of hand painted SS decals, I almost bought one a couple of months ago. It was a nice blackie on KenN's site. He had dropped the price and I came in for the kill only to find out Doug beat me to it. Not the first SS helmet that Doug beat me to. That man has a quick draw.

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Speaking of hand painted SS decals, I almost bought one a couple of months ago. It was a nice blackie on KenN's site. He had dropped the price and I came in for the kill only to find out Doug beat me to it. Not the first SS helmet that Doug beat me to. That man has a quick draw.
    Yup.

The helmet started the thread is not in the same league as the helmet youthcollector1 posted which is a well known helmet. They are completely two different renderings and IMO comparing one to the other discredits the real one and gives the fake one plausibility it should not have.

?

Funky SS decals?
    Here is a pic of the insides of the helmets - SS one is minus liner.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast