Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this german helmet original or fake??

Article about: I am military collector in Korea. In internet, I see this german helmet sale. Is this german helmet original? or fake? (Seller say that he doesn't know this helmet is original)

Need better pics but IMO yes, that one is fake too...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this german helmet original or fake??
    P
    Many

Yes it is fake, for the same reasons already given. That edge is so bad

Looks like a "Duck Billed" fake. It has a rather thin pressed metal.

A funny fake.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Attachment 625638

Don't waste your time on eBay shopping for German helmets unless you are very confident in your abilities. Read the pinned threads in the helmet section for good advice.

Cheers
    Doug

?

You are a wise man coming here to learn.
    Our site has original helmets for sale as does German Helmet Walhalla. GHW is an excellent place to learn about German helmets and the guys over there are good people.

?

Was the seller's Ebay name something like "Boehmerwald"? He puts some sort of rusty-looking film on his fake helmets to make them look old. I bought a helmet from this guy a few years ago and even I could tell it was a fake. I had a tough time trying to return it for a full refund and it took a fair amount of hassling him to get my money back! Just be persistent in trying to get your money back. Good luck!

?

Best to educate yourself a bit before taking the plunge again. Best of luck.
    Regards,
    John

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Looks like a "Duck Billed" fake. It has a rather thin pressed metal.

A funny fake.

Regards,
    Taka
    These "Duck Bills" so called for the shape of the bill unlike any original M-16,17 not even close to the real droop bill have been coming out of China or so it is believed I have seen a lot of them turn up here lately. Welcome to the forum and there are a lot of knowledgeable helmet boys on here that will help you avoid the "Stinkers" Helmets aren't as bad as some items to find originals of just a little research on here and you will be set on what to look for. timothy

Actually, I think these fake shells are from India, but they are FAKE non the less. These fake shells very often are enhanced with the most exotic decals in order to suck in the novice collector who thinks he or she has stumbled on a treasure. This style fake shell is one of the easiest to identify with just a modicum of research, even for the most inexperienced collector. Study and learn BEFORE you waste your hard earned money. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Actually, I think these fake shells are from India, but they are FAKE non the less. These fake shells very often are enhanced with the most exotic decals in order to suck in the novice collector who thinks he or she has stumbled on a treasure. This style fake shell is one of the easiest to identify with just a modicum of research, even for the most inexperienced collector. Study and learn BEFORE you waste your hard earned money. Jim G.
    You may very well be right India, China is where these are being made but as you say fake and usually enhanced with a exotic decal. timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2