Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German Helmet SS

Article about: A friends father found this helmet in the cellar of an old lady...with lots of old german magazine from the ww2... is it an original helmet...allmost in mint condition...

railroadwiking
    ?

Default German Helmet SS

A friends father found this helmet in the cellar of an old lady...with lots of old german magazine from the ww2... is it an original helmet...allmost in mint condition...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Helmet SS   German Helmet SS  

German Helmet SS   German Helmet SS  

2. # ADS

Definitely not an original. Among other things, it's been repainted with high gloss paint and fake decals applied. The liner has serious issues as well.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

hehehhehhe

?

No Sir, this is not a genuine helmet.

It is a brand new 4th reich helmet, most likely only constructed to gain access to your wallet.

You choose wisely to post photos of the treasure here on this forum before you paid anything for it.

Either the 'old ' lady's son was a hells angel - or the 'old' lady was formally Miss Whiplash. was there any manacles in the cellar as well???

?

It should be said, It appears to be an original wartime German M35 helmet shell. But none of its components or paint work is original. M35 shells are fairly desirable for restorations but this is not worth a penny to a serious collector my friend. Mein Gott!.. That paint finish! lol Cheers, Sean.

railroadwiking
    ?

Okay thanks for your answers... it is a bad repaint... let it rest in peace...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Helmet SS   German Helmet SS  

German Helmet SS  

?

I would strip it down to the bare steel my friend, It might be worth a fair amount if the shell is in good shape. M35's are pre/early war and are sought after for restorations. The liner looks to be post war Norwegian/German reissued leather on a badly butchered original band, I would say no value there I'm afraid. I would place my bets on this being a post WW2 Norwegian reissue which where common and that someone who knew little of its history or value repainted etc to look what they maybe considered more authentic. Cheers, Sean.

A mint condition 70's fake I'm afraid. Indeed it is made from a Norwegian reissued helmet. Components are WW2 German but that is all (not sure about the chinstrap).

?

Chinstrap is Norwegian as well I think Andy, I bought an M35 Norwegian reissue not too long back and it had a strap just like this one. Cheers, Sean.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast