Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German writing inside Helmet

Article about: Can anyone make out what this says? All I can make out is what looks to be "SS Uscha". It's scratched inside an M40 helmet.

Default Re: German writing inside Helmet

Thanks alot for the replies fellows! Much appreciated I'll have to do a search on "Engelbert Thaurer" and see if I come up with anything. For those who are wondering, I used a white marker inside the helmet to highlight the writing. Haha just kidding of course I used Gimp 2.6, it's a type of photoshop.

Looks like there could be a decal under the paint on the right side but I'm not going to remove the paint just to find out! It may not be a decal though, as it seems to be a bit forward of the vent hole and every decal I've seen so far has been centered under it.

The inside rim is marked (Q64 ~ DN368)
    German writing inside HelmetGerman writing inside HelmetGerman writing inside HelmetGerman writing inside Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German writing inside Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Yeh, don't remove the paint! It's a very cool helmet!

Cheers.

Quote by Krikke1980 View Post
    Yeh, don't remove the paint! It's a very cool helmet!

Cheers.
    Oh I would never remove the paint! SS decal or not lol.

Cool helmet! Found this, if the original owner of this helmet was KIA he's probably your guy: http://www.volksbund.de/index.php?id=1775&tx_igverlustsuche_pi2[gid]=3868a57808c50023cc09606b5e862710

?

Hi,

Thanks so much for posting the lot number and pics of the helmet. Going by the photos I see no evidence of a decal, but it maybe covered by the camo, I don't know. Could this be a late ND 43 onwards 'Q'? I can't really comment on the sigs authenticity as my knowledge of sigs is limited. Best to wait for someone with more experience. Thanks for sharing.

Samir

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2