Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

GOLDEN GOOSE or DARN FAKE ?

Article about: It looks like somebody was trying to mess up the decals on purpose......but I would love to get an advice ....

?

Default Re: GOLDEN GOOSE or DARN FAKE ?

Sorry for calling u "baby". I get excited sometimes. =)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GOLDEN GOOSE or DARN FAKE ?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I'll have to try to get it. I admit I have been reading more of my homegrown Canadian battle hero's from both world wars lately than German!
    Nothing wrong with that! I read mostly about SS soldiers, their awards, and battles. I do like to read about others from different wars, countries, etc. The SS is not everything to me. =)

Samir

I was just sitting here looking again at the posted fake helmet and was idly wondering....just how Many fake SS helmets must there be Out there? It seems like 9 out of 10 helmets ever posted for opinions here are bogus-and now even the rusted out Relics are coming in larger and larger numbers of fakes. Some of the fakes are getting Pretty darn good and some of them are like this one-fairly easy to spot. The Good ones are requiring a Microscopic examination now to catch them! The number of issued SS helmets was by no means a small number and one would think that there would be enough for all the collectors out there that would like one, but it seems to be like winning the lottery if you find one-not just for the Value, but for the outrageous Rarity as well! Now, I can see and understand, say, a nice shiny Black SS helmet or a beautifully camouflaged Waffen SS Battle helmet being much desirable and tough to find(not to mention Pricey!), but where did all the run of the mill regular SS helmets all disappear to? Certainly, many a GI would have snatched up a nice SS helmet for a souvenir and Tons of them must have been surrendered, but only a finite handful seem to be around today.(Mostly all in a house up in Canada...lol j/k) To me, at least, it's like the mystery of Where did the earth go that was in the Grand Canyon? (and, no-it wasn't all washed out to sea-there's no huge fan of soil underwater beneath the sea by the river's outlet...lol) So where Did all the SS helmets go? Were they destroyed for some weird reason-like all the "denazified" stuff? Or.....what?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi,a poor fake i'm afraid,such a shame as it looks as though that could have been a good looking M35 once upon a time. Leon.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Certainly, many a GI would have snatched up a nice SS helmet for a souvenir and Tons of them must have been surrendered, but only a finite handful seem to be around today.(Mostly all in a house up in Canada...lol j/k)

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH good one ! I hate that guy in Canada, his collection makes me sick !!! I'm jelous and angry at this same time !!!!!!!!

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi,a poor fake i'm afraid,such a shame as it looks as though that could have been a good looking M35 once upon a time. Leon.
    No kidding, looks like a helthy shell. I would like to find an SS helmet one day, that would be awesome addition to the collection!

?

William, I have 550 recorded SS helmets in my database and there are many more out there. Most of them are simple single or double decal combat helmets, the most common being an M40 Q single decal. Considering the Waffen SS were the smallest of the combat branches and the majority fought on the Eastern front where souvineer hunting among the Red Army was not very popular it's not surprising they are rare. It is well documented that most helmets were destroyed or recycled at wars end what came to collections today is proportionate to what was available I think.

Edit - to answer the question of good to fake ratio I'd say its 10 to 1 fake vs good, at least.
    Last edited by DougB; 06-09-2013 at 04:49 PM.

?

Quote by JohnyWoo View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH good one ! I hate that guy in Canada, his collection makes me sick !!! I'm jelous and angry at this same time !!!!!!!!
    I hate him too.

Quote by DougB View Post
    I hate him too.
    We should fly up there, bust his collection and piece it out in classifieds !!!!

lol, oh dear.

Let me know if you two ever do fly north and raid that collection, I'll take a couple of blackies. Doug you won't have too far to travel I think, which is convenient .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast