Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ground Breaking Research and Analysis

Article about: For those unaware, I suggest taking the time to give this a good read. Error - German Helmet Walhalla

?

Default Ground Breaking Research and Analysis

For those unaware, I suggest taking the time to give this a good read.

Error - German Helmet Walhalla
    Regards,
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ground Breaking Research and Analysis
    P
    Many

Hi John what is the topic..and for the readers ..this is a protected site that one has to join to read the threads. Otherwise ..the link when opened will appear with an invalid message.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Mythbusting the Champagne SS Decal - It once and for all exposes a fraud perpetrated upon the collecting community.
    Regards,
    John

Thanks John .... I have read this thread on GHW.....and is a hard jolt to the helmet collecting community. Yet I myself..can not pass any judgement or post an opinion on any of these helmets and the decals that are applied from the period to the recent. I dont collect them.

The most I can say..is the study is never over..no matter what information surfaces. History is larger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

I have been waiting expectantly for this to come out! Reading it now. Perfect timing. Just landed and back from vacation!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

WB,Map! Glad to see you made it home still in one piece!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Thanks William. "Drank the water" (not literally in Sri Lanka) and paid for it for a couple of days.........

Great thread by Doug. Everyone should read. Once explained seems quite simple but putting it all together must have been tough work. And will no doubt shake things up.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Did you bring your wife back? ............

I mean ..... Did you enjoy your vacation?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Did you bring your wife back?
    Of course!!! Who was going to carry the luggage and do the laundry when we got back?

I KNOW I will pay for this comment...LoL

Morning all! I did read Doug's concise update on the "Champagne" decal a few weeks ago, and I must say that there will be a real "backlash" from some collectors over the issue. As for myself, I see no reason what so ever to disagree with Doug's research and conclusions into the decal. He has clearly spent many years putting a case for or against the "champagne" decal together, and as there was always a doubt over them until 20 or so years ago, when they eventually became accepted, I feel he has done a fine job. This will be unfortunately a real kick in the teeth for many (including Doug who will have owned a few of these), but he has clearly demonstrated that his personal collections value will not stop him from "calling out" the truth. Well done Doug! I wish you were still here!! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast