Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet Book recommendation??

Article about: A book only with SS helmets... For the mixed helmets I will collect the radislav books!!

Default Re: Helmet Book recommendation??

A book only with SS helmets...
    For the mixed helmets I will collect the radislav books!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet Book recommendation??
    P
    Many

Thank Kelly hicks' books would be the way to go. Heard a lot of good things about them.

?

Quote by collector19 View Post
    A book only with SS helmets...
    For the mixed helmets I will collect the radislav books!!
    Please don't waste your money on the Radislav books they contain many fakes !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Really??? :O
    THAT I didn´t knew!!?? Thzel helmets in this book looked always good to me... with some outstandig examples!!

?

Radislav books are total crap. Don't waste your time. SS steel version 2 is what you want. And read the pinned threads in this section.

Of course I have read all the pinned threads and I also try ro read as much threads here in the forum as possible!! I will go for the updated version of Hicks book and will avoid the Radislav books....
    I would like to say thank you to all of you for your help!!

Just as Mark Bando assembled and published Mike Beaver's SS Cloth Insignia book after Mike passed away, I assembled and wrote his SS Helmets book during his illness and after he passed. So You will not go wrong with Beaver's SS Helmet book or mine. By the way, Schiffer publishing gives all royalties to Mike Beaver's widow, so that is a good thing. regards,
    Kelly H

Thanks you very much for the inputs!

Does anybody of you having some experience with the Beaver book?? ( I have the other books)
    Or is Hicks book far better??

Greetings
    Collector19

?

They are 2 different kinds of books and in my opinion are must haves.

The difference is the Beaver/Hicks book is a large format coffee table large picture book whereas SS Steel v 2 is more written detail and small hard cover format.

So it's like Playboy and an illustrated novel. Both should be in any serious collection.

I have already grabbed K. Hicks book and it´s a superb book!! It´s very informative and I love the concept of the book!! (Early helmets - late helmets; and also interesting (especially for the beginners in the helmet collecting field) is the differentiation between the helmet producers, their decals and the shape of the helmets) But, it´s not a book, you read, whe you go to sleep.. in my opinion, it´s a book, which a beginner (such as I am) has to study/learn (just like a book for school or university) because there are so many details infos, you should take care of!! But, if somebody study the book and listens to the advices given in the book, it will take him a hughe step forward in knowledge of SS helmets!! BTW. Also some REALLY nice Camo helmets and some OUTSTANDING original examples of the hughe variety of german helmets are pictured and described in the book!!
    I simply LOVE the book and I can only highly recommend the book to everyone who likes to take a look on the SS helmet IN DETAIL!!!

ps.
    I will also go for the Beaver/Hicks book and maybe also for the "SS Helmets- A collectors guide" from K. Hicks

?

Of course I have read all the pinned threads and I also try ro read as much threads here in the forum as possible!!
    Keep reading. Don't stop. Forums are essential if you want to learn.

I have all additions of SS-steel including the one by Beaver & Hicks. Good books if your into SS helmets.

Samir

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast