Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this helmet the real deal? (Waffen SS snow camo SD)

Article about: Here is the link: Annoyed from this ads?   WW2 GERMAN ELITE WINTER CAMO HELMET | eBay I can't upload the images for some reason.

?

Default Is this helmet the real deal? (Waffen SS snow camo SD)

Here is the link:

I can't upload the images for some reason.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this helmet the real deal? (Waffen SS snow camo SD)   Is this helmet the real deal? (Waffen SS snow camo SD)  

Is this helmet the real deal? (Waffen SS snow camo SD)   Is this helmet the real deal? (Waffen SS snow camo SD)  

Is this helmet the real deal? (Waffen SS snow camo SD)   Is this helmet the real deal? (Waffen SS snow camo SD)  

Is this helmet the real deal? (Waffen SS snow camo SD)  
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-20-2014 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Edited to add photos.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this helmet the real deal? (Waffen SS snow camo SD)
    P
    Many

No, its a crude fake. Real SS helmets are rare and valuable, and ebay is not the place to get one.

?

be careful of ebay 5Del. Most of the stuff on there is garbage. If it seems to good to be true it is. In 30 years of collecting I have bought only 2 items from reputable dealers, many hundreds of items from vets and fellow collectors. Not dogging e-bay or the internet but there are predators just waiting for inexperienced folks to come along. Again...Dose of wisdom here. Read mulitple threads and get some reputable helmet books and find a mentor who can teach you headgear 101 and spotting fakes, repros & junk.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

D'you think that the shell is original?

?

Not good in my opinion

It most probably is (but who knows for sure with coats of paint and possibly filler on top), and with an original aluminium liner band too, but its all worthless in this condition.

?

I paid $2,500 for it, do you think that I made a good deal?

Quote by 5del View Post
    I paid $2,500 for it, do you think that I made a good deal?
    An absolute bargain!.....

?

5del....to me when Doug and I say not good or worthless there is some rhyme and reason to our thinking. I won't speak for Doug. Each collector is different of course. I personally don't like things in altered states, boogered up, changed and doctored. Finding things in their untouched state and not messed with usually comes with a higher price tag premium but the satisfaction and patience of the hunt is part of the glory of collecting. Take it from an x Marine who loves to hunt. Pass on a medium, button buck, spike buck in the woods cause the trophy buck is 100 yards back watching you. Be patient and again keep gaining wisdom. Trust me it will be worth it. I started at age 15 with Grandpa who was a wwii veteran and he kicked my butt more than once a week about chasing butterflies. Keep working at it and you will get this hobby.

?

I think 5del is playing you boys for fools.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast