Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet for sale on Internet

Article about: by slados28 No problem! There's some pretty good sized shots of clips/remains of the cover etc. on the link I provided. Seems like the new owner, now the seller, of this helmet has cleaned a

?

Default Re: Helmet for sale on Internet

Quote by slados28 View Post
    No problem! There's some pretty good sized shots of clips/remains of the cover etc. on the link I provided. Seems like the new owner, now the seller, of this helmet has cleaned at least one of those clips a bit. Also, the description doesn't say wether or not Derek of "Derek's Militaria" actually dug it himself but it's obvious from quite a few links on his site that he's been detecting there himself in the past and that he's got connections working with/for the Volksbund recovering fallen soldiers in that area. Other than that.. no idea.
    You are correct my friend it does look as though the present seller has indeed cleaned and messed with the helmet , Derek is known to buy many items from diggers at Narva and has certainly been there many times himself . I must admit i always thought he was just a collector not a dealer but it looks like i was wrong !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet for sale on Internet
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    It looks blue inside the dome and I notice he is not showing the other side. Also there are no signs of runes on the decal and I would agree that the camo cover clips look anomalous.
    The blue paint ie Luftwaffe is not uncommon on SS lids at Narva , the 9 and 10 Luftwaffe Feld Divisons were amalgamated into formations of the III SS Panzer Korps after the retreat from Leningrad and many ex Luftwaffe personnel went on to serve at Narva with both the Nordland Divison and Nederland Brigade , hence re painted and re decalled Luftwaffe helmets !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Seems like Derek's a bit of both Also, thank you for the additional info on the Luftwaffe - SS connection... very interesting!

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    The blue paint ie Luftwaffe is not uncommon on SS lids at Narva , the 9 and 10 Luftwaffe Feld Divisons were amalgamated into formations of the III SS Panzer Korps after the retreat from Leningrad and many ex Luftwaffe personnel went on to serve at Narva with both the Nordland Divison and Nederland Brigade , hence re painted and re decalled Luftwaffe helmets !!
    That's one SS helmet high on my want list Paul, a LW reissued to SS. A rare beast.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    That's one SS helmet high on my want list Paul, a LW reissued to SS. A rare beast.
    I've only ever seen them in relic condition Doug although the one here when it was originally in the hands of Derek the Norwegian guy is one of the best i've seen , Unfortunately it looks as though the present owner / seller has messed with it !!

1st July 1916

?

Would love to see any photos Paul!

helmet is for sure orginal but it is too hard to tell if in fact it is an SS helmet

?

Quote by ww2relichunter View Post
    helmet is for sure orginal but it is too hard to tell if in fact it is an SS helmet
    What do you think it is then ??

1st July 1916

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Would love to see any photos Paul!
    Not sure if i have any photos of them Doug i'll search my photos , last one i saw was in a back street garage block in downtown Narva !

1st July 1916

?

Going by the color of the dome and no photos provided for the opposite side, i'm leaning towards a luftwaffe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast