Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmets

Article about: Hello, I am new to this site and I wanted to know if someone could tell me about these helmets if they genuine pieces and if the helmets themselves are the real deal. Thanks in advance. L

Default Helmets

Hello, I am new to this site and I wanted to know if someone could tell me about these helmets if they genuine pieces and if the helmets themselves are the real deal. Thanks in advance. L

HelmetsHelmetsHelmetsHelmetsHelmetsHelmetsHelmetsHelmets

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmets
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome, L. Sadly both are fakes. The first helmet may be an original shell, but the decals are fakes. Any shots of the interior of the first helmet? The second helmet shell is most likely a fake (I say most likely because I do not collect paratrooper helmets so I always leave a small chance of hope) and the decals are definitely fakes. Sorry! I hope you did not buy these thinking they were the real deal.

heheh all fake

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Hello and welcome, L. Sadly both are fakes. The first helmet may be an original shell, but the decals are fakes. Any shots of the interior of the first helmet? The second helmet shell is most likely a fake (I say most likely because I do not collect paratrooper helmets so I always leave a small chance of hope) and the decals are definitely fakes. Sorry! I hope you did not buy these thinking they were the real deal.
    I agree.

Quote by kurland kessel View Post
    heheh all fake
    Why is it funny they are fake? Someone could've lost a lot of money.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I agree, why is it some people feel the need to laugh at other people when they ask about such as this.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Lightbulb

Maybe more sad than funny - I'll try to explain for the benefit of a new member -

I don't collect helmets, but surely, anyone who has paid this site even a few visits must realise by now that anything : -

- stamped or marked 'SS'
    - autographed 'A. Hitler'
    - (to a lesser degree ) anything 'Fallschirmjager'

- is almost certain to be faked. The old saying has never been truer - if it looks too good to be true - it probably is !

Of course, somewhere in the World there are genuine items but unless you wish to lose your money, you really must be prepared to research such items in great depth and detail before spending your money. Such items are now so specialized as to not be suitable for amateurs ( and yes, that includes me ! )

To add to that, you cant trust COAs (Certificates of authenticity) and even the most trustworthy of sellers occasionally get fakes...only experience and asking questions like you have will gain experience to enjoy this hobby with minimal disruption from fakes...not a single person here hasn't been fooled by a fake at some stage ..good luck with your collecting

He does it all the time, but I don't think it's malicious, just one of dem tings. Suffice to say that he is now known as 'kurland chuckles' the Latvian digger, here in the land of Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    He does it all the time, but I don't think it's malicious, just one of dem tings. Suffice to say that he is now known as 'kurland chuckles' the Latvian digger, here in the land of Ned.
    I had noticed that he often prefaces his comments with hehe, but that does not stop it being annoying he bloody he!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast