Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Help With a Helmet..M-42 Double Decal????

Article about: Close-ups of the black paint would be great. We can try n figure out if its an ex SS blackie, and not some post war black paint.

?

Default Re: Help With a Helmet..M-42 Double Decal????

Quote by goodtimepete View Post
    I will be back home tomorrow and take good pics with my dslr with good lighting....what parts of the helmet do you need pics of to make a good determination of what it really is?
    Sounds like a plan. In the mean time, can you read us out the letters n numbers under the skirt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help With a Helmet..M-42 Double Decal????
    P
    Many

Right now I am in Atlanta for meetings and the Helmet is at my house in Charleston, SC....I will be home tomorrow night and can check it then...but from the close up of th pics on my computer it looks like the stamped numbers at the back of the helmet are 2854. There are also numbers above the left ear that looks like f66? I am also wondering if I should still let the kids play in the yard with this thing on their head and bang around or be a little bit more careful with it....

?

By the pics u have provided, I just can't tell. If they are real, you have yourself a very expensive helmet. $5k in my opinion, maybe more. I don't think it's a good idea to let the kids play with it. If the decals are real, and they get scratched, you will be out of a lot of money as the decals make or break the helmet.

Well, Holy Moly! I will tell the wife to put it on the top shelf for the mean time....I will take some more pictures when I get back home and put them up for everyone to take a look at. I wish I had the original leather liner because I am sure that would be nice. Maybe I can get a liner to put in it? Or should I just leave it be? I hear about people ruining antique things by trying to fix them up.....i don't want to be that guy....

?

It's not a crime to put in a new liner, you just have to do it right, or not at all. Most collectors won't. It doesn't bring up the value, but it adds back some character I guess. I have done it myself.

Help With a Helmet..M-42 Double Decal????Help With a Helmet..M-42 Double Decal????

Found these Pics on my laptop...are they any better?

?

Not even close. Best to wait when u get home n take new pics.

Ok, I will take some solid pics with my "good" camera and decent lighting when I get home. What in particular are you looking for or is it just clarity of the decal and the surrounding paint, etc?

?

Right now I am in Atlanta for meetings and the Helmet is at my house in Charleston, SC....I will be home tomorrow night and can check it then...but from the close up of th pics on my computer it looks like the stamped numbers at the back of the helmet are 2854. There are also numbers above the left ear that looks like f66? I am also wondering if I should still let the kids play in the yard with this thing on their head and bang around or be a little bit more careful with it....
    ET66, or EF66. Take another look to make sure, it's important if the decals are genuine.

?

Ok, I will take some solid pics with my "good" camera and decent lighting when I get home. What in particular are you looking for or is it just clarity of the decal and the surrounding paint, etc?
    Both decals of course. Close-ups of the finish would be great, letters/numbers on the side and rear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast