Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Help With a Helmet..M-42 Double Decal????

Article about: Close-ups of the black paint would be great. We can try n figure out if its an ex SS blackie, and not some post war black paint.

?

Default Re: Help With a Helmet..M-42 Double Decal????

Close-ups of the black paint would be great. We can try n figure out if its an ex SS blackie, and not some post war black paint.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help With a Helmet..M-42 Double Decal????
    P
    Many

Ok, will do when I take the pictures.... What do the numbers at the back mean? Is that like a serial number? From what I am looking at online the ET/EF66 has something to do with the place of manufacture?

?

Quote by goodtimepete View Post
    Ok, will do when I take the pictures.... What do the numbers at the back mean? Is that like a serial number? From what I am looking at online the ET/EF66 has something to do with the place of manufacture?
    Rear numbers are lot or sometimes called "batch" numbers, side is the abbreviation of the manufacture following size in cm.

Can't wait for photos. I have a lot of interest in this helmet. If those decals are in fact real, you might also have yourself an ex-blackie. That black paint under the skirt adds character. =)

Cool! I am happy to oblige! What does the "blackie" part mean? Did certain troops paint their helmets that way for some reason?

?

Goodtimespete, I already explained in this closed thread what you need to post photos of, and you just made a new thread with the exact same photos.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-he...oughts-314728/

Nobody can tell anything from out of focus pictures.

You've posted a lot number and a partial manufacturer and size, the complete manufacturer is either ET or EF. That is needed along with complete in focus non glare pictures of the entire helmet all sides and the decals head on in focus no glare.

The party decal applied overtop a paint run is a massive red flag as is the thin border on the shield on the runic decal and that the decals are applied over paint damage and scratches. The black interior paint run inside the rivet going south to north also says postwar repaint.

I'm still having trouble buying the whole value for insurance purposes story when you ask if the kids can play with it. Sorry but there are many crooks in this hobby and they like to come here and try to pawn their crap off on collectors who are not as stupid as they might think.

Until you get proper photos with that good camera I am closing this thread as well thanks. It's a waste of time to speculate on blurry photos. If you still have questions on what to post please PM me and I will assist you, thank you.

----

Samir, the paint in the skirt certainly appears to be postwar. The paint run from the inside of the rivet on the interior means the exterior was painted over black and the helmet has since been stripped and I suspect repainted since. By the multiple colors of green and perhaps even gray I would say 3 times. I see none of the hallmarks of a correct black SS M35 I am afraid. Nowhere near 5k even if real which I entertain serious doubt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3