Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet

Article about: by dis360 Are you guys pulling my leg right now? I rulled this out before this post made it through last night because the emblem was reversed. If you are serious and sure I need to secure t

What he paid for it is irrelevant, and with all due respect, it is also his private business. Who cares?
    If that is so, then it must also stand to reason that actual value is irrelevant also, instead of being a subject of fascination?

I personally could care less what it's worth, I'm sure it's a lot. But I could cares less.

What is ten times as exciting is to know that he got it for a song, regardless of whether that is his "private business" or not. I was just formulating a thought on what in fact he did pay for it, and I'm sure it's not far off the mark.

At any rate, what he paid has no bearing on value.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by Larboard View Post
    That is a fact.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by Larboard View Post
    If that is so, then it must also stand to reason that actual value is irrelevant also, instead of being a subject of fascination?

I personally could care less what it's worth, I'm sure it's a lot. But I could cares less.

What is ten times as exciting is to know that he got it for a song, regardless of whether that is his "private business" or not. I was just formulating a thought on what in fact he did pay for it, and I'm sure it's not far off the mark.

No worries, I was not trying to be rude. The mere thought of one of these posted overrides any discussion on price and as I said, what he paid and what it's worth are distractions from the item itself.

I agree it was bought for a fraction of its market value. But it matters not!

Cheers
    Doug

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    And I LOVE the white gloves! Gentlemen, now here is a collector who knows how to treat royalty.
    For 30K i'll put on gloves and socks.

I keep coming back to this. What a great thread. You are one lucky duck Dan. And thank you for wearing the gloves, even if they are latex. That's better than oily hands. This rejuvenates my desire to search the local woodwork in search of buried treasure. This discovery really does make you wonder what it still out there in dusty attics and damn dark basements.

?

Well, I think this piece deserves white cotton gloves but just didn't have any but those weren't white or latex but blue and nitrile.. I'm not going to be the one to come along after this has been in an attic for probably 60+ years and mess it up..

Quote by dis360 View Post
    Well, I think this piece deserves white cotton gloves but just didn't have any but those weren't white or latex but blue and nitrile.. I'm not going to be the one to come along after this has been in an attic for probably 60+ years and mess it up..
    Good man. Would a pair of large white gloves fit? I have an extra pair I will send you free of charge for bringing us this beautiful helmet.

?

To be honest here, the day I found the helmet I knew it had value, one thing led to another and ended up emailing Kelly Hicks (I didn't know who he was at the time) I asked him to help in authenticating the helmet before I bought it. He emailed me back night before last (before this post went through) and said he would help and to send over some pics. I'm guessing he has not seen them yet as I haven't received a response.

Doug, would you have lead on the famous photo of Remy Sch. with the mirror runic decal? Also your helmet wall is amazing, I spotted my twin in there..

Just an odd thought....there are known-what? 3 or 4 of these reversed runes helmets and this one is valued in the neighborhood of 30K....so then, what would happen to the value if, say, Another specimen should abruptly surface? I know with coin collecting, for example, every new specimen of a very rare coin that comes to light reduces the value of all the others accordingly. Is it the same with a rare helmet?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Just an odd thought....there are known-what? 3 or 4 of these reversed runes helmets and this one is valued in the neighborhood of 30K....so then, what would happen to the value if, say, Another specimen should abruptly surface? I know with coin collecting, for example, every new specimen of a very rare coin that comes to light reduces the value of all the others accordingly. Is it the same with a rare helmet?
    There are 2 of these known for sure now, the other 2 like I said are "ghosts", I've been told about them but never seen them. Whether those 2 even exist, this is one of these 2, those 2 were thrown out 25 years ago, who knows?

But 2 this rare, doesn't hurt anything. And mine is not for sale so it matters not. ;-)

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast