Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet

Article about: by dis360 Are you guys pulling my leg right now? I rulled this out before this post made it through last night because the emblem was reversed. If you are serious and sure I need to secure t

?

Quote by dis360 View Post
    To be honest here, the day I found the helmet I knew it had value, one thing led to another and ended up emailing Kelly Hicks (I didn't know who he was at the time) I asked him to help in authenticating the helmet before I bought it. He emailed me back night before last (before this post went through) and said he would help and to send over some pics. I'm guessing he has not seen them yet as I haven't received a response.

Doug, would you have lead on the famous photo of Remy Sch. with the mirror runic decal? Also your helmet wall is amazing, I spotted my twin in there..
    It's the cover photo of a book I have, I'll try to find it. Kelly's good friend of mine, I'll tell him for you LoL. Thx for the kind words, rare SS helmets are my "thing" indeed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet
    P
    Many

?

Here it is, cover of the book Last Knight of Flanders; Remy Schrijnen. Hard to see in the photo but it's a mirror runic decal on an M35.

Attachment 610396

Quote by DougB View Post
    It's the cover photo of a book I have, I'll try to find it. Kelly's good friend of mine, I'll tell him for you LoL. Thx for the kind words, rare SS helmets are my "thing" indeed.
    Here is a slightly better image of the reverse(mirror) decal for you , Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet 

As long as you've got the Helmet now, you may as well buy the Action Figure Wearing it !
    Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Like I've often said....it is all still out there,........... if this doesn't prove it, I don't know what will.

Congratulations Dan, it really is such a good feeling finding rare or unique historical artifacts, enjoy the rush.
    Regards,
    John

?

Thanks for tracking down that picture of Remy.. I added some more pictures to the thread.. It's hard to see but the K.F. written on the upper leather gets my interest.
    Doug does yours have numbers stamped in the dome like this one? "891"

Dan

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmetHelp in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmetHelp in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmetHelp in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmetHelp in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmetHelp in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmetHelp in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmetHelp in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet

Dan, One of the forum members started a "Best of the Year" thread. Yours is the BEST of the Best of the Year acquisitions. Please add it to that thread (the thread is in the Discussions sub forum). Cheers, Jim G.

?

Hey dan, I love the pics! Might I suggest your avatar picture?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Dan, One of the forum members started a "Best of the Year" thread. Yours is the BEST of the Best of the Year acquisitions. Please add it to that thread (the thread is in the Discussions sub forum). Cheers, Jim G.
    Dan you are the winner by a mile!! I am not "envious" in the slightest , I am just so happy that a guy like you who appreciates the history of this great helmet has got the honour of being it's custodian ! Once again I would just like to say , thanks for giving us the chance to see this one in a million!! Leon.

?

Just curious. So who made this version and what year were they produced?
    I noticed that there are three cork spacers between the liner and shell on Dan's . Doug, yours looks like cork and leather. I can't tell from the picture. Is that correct?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast