Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet

Article about: by dis360 Are you guys pulling my leg right now? I rulled this out before this post made it through last night because the emblem was reversed. If you are serious and sure I need to secure t

?

Sorry guys not home at the moment. Dan mine is Austrian as is yours and thus has the lot number stamp in the dome like yours. Phil mine has spacers as well, I don't have it in hand but should be as the pics show. I wrote early in the thread my hypothesis on the origin of the helmet. No period pics exist but it must be a pre-Anschluss Austrian SS given the Austrian decals.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Pryo View Post
    Hey dan, I love the pics! Might I suggest your avatar picture?
    Thanks for the compliment on the pics.. Which would be best as my avatar?

Dan

Dan please see the discussion section for a thread I opened for best small shop finds of 2013. You can as this helmet there please.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Dan please see the discussion section for a thread I opened for best small shop finds of 2013. You can as this helmet there please.
    You got it! I would be happy to..

?

Dan,
    What a find! I am in the trenches all the time and this whole journey of yours is just a dream for most of us. Please insure and protect your rare helmet from disasters and pestilence. Welcome to the world of Third Reich collecting it seems like you are a natural!!!

Brilliant thread... As a lurker here who reads every single thread on this subject to learn a little more, i just wanted to add my congrats to finding it and also a thank you to those on here with such knowledge, (particularly Doug) that allow guys like me to listen and learn even if not prolific posters.

Merry Christmas all

Steve

That's incredible! This has to be the find of the year

That Austrian is just awesome. I'm glad for the bump What a story that was.

Just found this thread and WOW what a find!!!!!
    Im so suprised no fakers have jumped on the bandwagon.

Would this be the rarest and most sort after German collecters item? Its got to get up there

OP hasn't been active since February. Doug, any word from the OP since then? I'd be interested to see if he indeed did keep the helmet.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast