Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Holger Danske Helmet surprise!!!

Article about: by SSamir Please dont take me wrong guys its still a great catch, I just wanted to point out that the decal wasn't an authentic one. I apologize if I have offended anyone. I was only being h

Default Re: Holger Danske Helmet surprise!!!

Here's the best macro of the decal I can get with my camera - hope this answers any questions.
    Yes, I'm over the moon so far ..... drinking starts early today!!!

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Holger Danske Helmet surprise!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Holger Danske Helmet surprise!!!
    P
    Many

?

Ebay would not allow that side shown i'm guessing?

?

Dan, I hate to be the bearer of the bad news, but i'm afraid its a reproduction. =(

regards
    Samir

Can you please elaborate, Samir? What should we be looking for here...?

?

Well, if so SSamir, it wasnt sold as an ss helmet. So no worries IF fake that is..The wear is absolutely amazing . although I do see a minor thing..the rounded bottom of the shield. Im no ss decal expert so dont take my word for it.

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Can you please elaborate, Samir? What should we be looking for here...?
    You have "ET" style runes on a "Q" shell. Look closely at the first rune. It's lining up evenly with the break of the shield and its definitely no Pocher as the runes are first pattern in a Pocher and not second like this one is.

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Well, if so SSamir, it wasnt sold as an ss helmet. So no worries IF fake that is..The wear is absolutely amazing . although I do see a minor thing..the rounded bottom of the shield. Im no ss decal expert so dont take my word for it.
    Yes, I did forget to mention the round bottom part of the decal which is another red flag.

?

Please dont take me wrong guys its still a great catch, I just wanted to point out that the decal wasn't an authentic one. I apologize if I have offended anyone. I was only being honest, again, appologies gents.

regards
    Samir

Quote by SSamir View Post
    You have "ET" style runes on a "Q" shell. Look closely at the first rune. It's lining up evenly with the break of the shield and its definitely no Pocher as the runes are first pattern in a Pocher and not second like this one is.
    Hi SSamir, I didn't say it was a Q - I can't read the stamping - I always thought Q's had bigger vents on them??
    And I can see the "roundness" to the bottom but then I have seen REALLY rounded decals so I am still of an open mind.
    If the seller had listed it a "elite" or "XX" ( as most seem to ) then he could have got heaps more than the measly hundred bucks I got it for. The guy is not going to make it as a faker going about things this way!

Guys, you have to see the overall wear on it .... SOOOO convincing that if its a fake decal, then it was applied decades ago and the lid left to weather - man, you have to see it first hand to get what I mean. If this is what fakers can do then "we be in big trubble"

Dan

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hi SSamir, I didn't say it was a Q - I can't read the stamping - I always thought Q's had bigger vents on them??
    And I can see the "roundness" to the bottom but then I have seen REALLY rounded decals so I am still of an open mind.
    If the seller had listed it a "elite" or "XX" ( as most seem to ) then he could have got heaps more than the measly hundred bucks I got it for. The guy is not going to make it as a faker going about things this way!

Guys, you have to see the overall wear on it .... SOOOO convincing that if its a fake decal, then it was applied decades ago and the lid left to weather - man, you have to see it first hand to get what I mean. If this is what fakers can do then "we be in big trubble"

Dan
    Hi Dan,

I didn't say you said it was a "Q". Just a misunderstanding there. =) I'm going by the pics provided that it is a "Q" shell (at least to my eyes). I'm almost certain its a "Q" shell. The vent holes are very convincing and even if it was an ET shell, the decal is still not convincing i'm afraid, but that's just my opinion. Lets wait for a much more experienced SS man. Lets wait and see what Doug says, I could be wrong, you never know. =)

kind regards
    Samir

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast