Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Holger Danske Helmet surprise!!!

Article about: by SSamir Please dont take me wrong guys its still a great catch, I just wanted to point out that the decal wasn't an authentic one. I apologize if I have offended anyone. I was only being h

Default Re: Holger Danske Helmet surprise!!!

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Please dont take me wrong guys its still a great catch, I just wanted to point out that the decal wasn't an authentic one. I apologize if I have offended anyone. I was only being honest, again, appologies gents.

regards
    Samir
    No offense taken from me, Samir.

Just remember that we are all students in this situation. If I told my high school students they were wrong and then didn't follow it up with a correct answer and explanation, I wouldn't be a very good teacher!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Holger Danske Helmet surprise!!!
    P
    Many

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    No offense taken from me, Samir.

Just remember that we are all students in this situation. If I told my high school students they were wrong and then didn't follow it up with a correct answer and explanation, I wouldn't be a very good teacher!
    Absolutely, I agree 100%.

kind regards
    Samir

Not to labour a point - but, these photos are TWICE the size of the actual decal - and, if you look closely at my last photo there is a rust flake right at the base where you would see the "point" - if we were to compare a decal on Doug's Runic sticky - see attached ( hope that's OK Doug ) - one could see that if this too had a bit obscured right at the bottom it would look rounded also.

Thanks for all the points of view so far guys!
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Holger Danske Helmet surprise!!!  

Very Nice, I do have to agree with Samir though. It may sound basic and I may be totally wrong but the round bottom alone is the flag for me, I do like how the rest looks but its just the round bottom.

The other thing that plays on my mind is the fact its a resistance helmet that still has visible runes. I would have thought the first thing a member of the resistance would do would be to scratch them off, in a show of defiance

Cheers
    Jason

?

Dan, you could be right, its possible.

One thing I wanted to add was, just, because an SS decal has a "round bottom" doesnt necessarily mean its an automatic fake. Some were just misapplied. I have seen good "Q" pattern SS decals that had a round bottom and they were judged bad. If I recall, there was one on WAF, and a few people deemed it was fake when in fact it was not. The shield had a strange "yellowish" or "urine" color. I'm sure Doug remembers that one.

Samir

Hi Jason,
    Maybe it was also the LAST thing he did ..... ka-boom!!!!! ....... but some things we will never know.
    At least it is proving to be a talking point - challenging our preconceptions & established ideas ..... I'm happy whichever way the cards fall.
    Cheers mate,
    Dan

Samir, this one has that sort of mottled 'Urine" colour to it in the sunshine too ....... weird?

Dan

?

Dan, I would agree with you and this is a very interesting thread. I'm glad you took the time to share it with us.

regards
    Samir

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Samir, this one has that sort of mottled 'Urine" colour to it in the sunshine too ....... weird?

Dan
    Actually far from it. You should have seen this one. It was like a golden or heavy urine colored decal. If I can find the pic, I would love to show it to you guys. Interesting decal indeed.

?

OK, here it is. I always save odd looking SS decals in my computer for study.

Holger Danske Helmet surprise!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast