Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I also had a look at this SS...

Article about: I have also had a look at this helmet shell is 68size and it has pieces of ss camo and camo hooks.but do not know alot about it..

Default I also had a look at this SS...

I have also had a look at this helmet shell is 68size and it has pieces of ss camo and camo hooks.but do not know alot about it..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I also had a look at this SS...   I also had a look at this SS...  

I also had a look at this SS...   I also had a look at this SS...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I also had a look at this SS...
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Honestly, and it is just my opinion. It looks tarted up to me.

Those camo hooks would not stay attached to the helmet IMHO. They are rocker hooks with no tension built into the hook. The tension came from the spring. The bottom of the spring keeping them attached to the helmet was attached to the top rivet of the rocker hook and then the top of the spring was sewn on to the fabric creating the tension.

The "cloth" is oddly attached at strategic points to cover up the decal. All a bit fishy for me.....

You can see the hook here...to see what I mean

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Honestly, and it is just my opinion. It looks tarted up to me.

Those camo hooks would not stay attached to the helmet IMHO. They are rocker hooks. The bottom of the spring keeping them attached to the helmet was attached to the top rivet and then the top of the spring was sewn on to the fabric creating the tension.

The "cloth" is oddly attached at strategic points to cover up the decal. All a bit fishy for me.....
    Hi yes i was looking at the cloth on the decal also.it is oddly attached over it.but no more bits like this any where on the helmet.but for the bigger bits on the helmet.and the camo hooks look new next to the helmet.looks like thay have just been put on it..

MAP
    ?

To make matters worse. The cloth pieces are over pitted areas.

AND.....look closely at the direction of the patterns/weave direction of the cloth on the decal...they go all different directions within a 2 square inch area...Not possible. In the extremely unlikely situation that this was real (it is not) the cloth weave would all be the same direction. Someone cut and glued these on.

Bad from the ground up!!!!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

These relics are almost a cottage industry in parts of the East. But they over reach in attempts at cleverness. As MAP points out the one image of the decal area where strangely attached dozen pieces of cloth are all at different angles showing they were cut up and stuck on. That one image kills it for credibility.

Quote by MAP View Post
    To make matters worse. The cloth pieces are over pitted areas.

AND.....look closely at the direction of the patterns/weave direction of the cloth on the decal...they go all different directions within a 2 square inch area...Not possible. In the extremely unlikely situation that this was real (it is not) the cloth weave would all be the same direction. Someone cut and glued these on.

Bad from the ground up!!!!
    yes as you say the direction of the patterns/weave direction of the cloth on the decal go in different directions.and i did look at that and was thinking it did not look good.and yes this one image kills it..it is big business in some parts of europe.its all about the $$..

I also had a look at this SS...Hi, Michael has mentioned enough flaws with this one to tell you all you need to know. I will add this though, JUNK! Leon.

The rest of the cover rotted away leaving just these patches? ................ yeah, right. Some fakers are real doofus'
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    The rest of the cover rotted away leaving just these patches? ................ yeah, right. Some fakers are real doofus'
    I bet if we look closely we can find remains of some Elmer's Glue

Quote by MAP View Post
    I bet if we look closely we can find remains of some Elmer's Glue

I bet we can lol...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast