Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?

Article about: My dad was in the war and all I remember him telling me is that he took this helmet off a fallen soldier and hand carried it back. On the inside leather liner he inscribed (in pencil) "

a brilliant helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Tim4444 View Post
    Here are more pictures as promised. Is there anyone who might venture an estimate of what the helmet might be worth? There is no doubt that it is in good hands here on this site. Thanks
    With the provenance, vet inscription, maker and condition all factored in I would say $3500-$4000 USD. A very nice helmet you have there.
    But with the family history you are nuts to sell it. If you need the money go work as a male prostitute for a few weekends and make a few bucks that way, keep the helmet.

A couple of questions: Is this an Army or Navy helmet? Also, someone told me that often there is something - a name or? - inscribed under the leather liner. Should I unfasten the string enough to look? Thanks again!

This is heer (army). The kriegsmarine (navy) eagle was a gold colour.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

A couple of questions: Is this an Army or Navy helmet? Also, someone told me that often there is something - a name or? - inscribed under the leather liner. Should I unfasten the string enough to look? Thanks again!
    Hello and Welcome to the forum!
    A very nice example of a double decal apple green Heer helmet! Congratulations!
    One that many of us would be happy to add to our collections.
    This is a Heer, (Army) helmet and I would not take anything apart. What you may find inside is not worth the risk IMHO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Okay - There is no doubt that the eagle is gold on the helmet (photos look a little silver-ish). Does that mean that it is a Navy helmet? Right? How does this change the overall picture of the helmet's story? Hmmm....

MAP
    ?

Tim,

With age, the Heer decals sometimes tend look gold, it is sometimes difficult to distinguish. But this in my opinion is a Heer helmet.

You could try taking pictures in natural lighting if you wish of the decals.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

A NICE one, congrats!

Okay - There is no doubt that the eagle is gold on the helmet (photos look a little silver-ish). Does that mean that it is a Navy helmet? Right? How does this change the overall picture of the helmet's story? Hmmm....
    Take my word for it, you have been told by a few people that know what they are talking about. This is a silver Heer eagle decal that has achieved a patina after 70 years that takes on a bit of a gold color. This is NOT a gold Kriegsmarine decal on your helmet.
    There is a definate difference when compared.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you! I will assume that it is an Heer helmet then...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast