Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?

Article about: My dad was in the war and all I remember him telling me is that he took this helmet off a fallen soldier and hand carried it back. On the inside leather liner he inscribed (in pencil) "

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Hmmm...a bottle of Kraken perhaps? One of my favorites on a cool night.
    It might be, it just might be...Sailor Jerry sits there on the bar unopened as well, but I think there might be a bit of both.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    It might be, it just might be...Sailor Jerry sits there on the bar unopened as well, but I think there might be a bit of both.
    Ahh..very good taste you have..
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

While I understand skepticism, and while cynicism might be warranted in some cases, I find this morning's messages vey disappointing. There is not an ounce of bullshit in either the story told here - or my stated intension when I came to this site. I did not know much about the helmet and it was purely a Google search that led me straight to you - the experts. Your input and advise is invaluable to me - and the future of this object - as the helmet DOES mean something to me. It was a part of my Father and a part of my childhood - and no, there is no one. I collect. Jeep Willys have been my passion since my teens and I am respected within my own circles for my expertise and knowledge regarding them. It is my experience with my Willys forums that led me first to a German helmet forum in order to identify the helmet and understand its value. I do not feel the need to "collect" memories. Those will reside within me whether the helmet sits on a shelf for me to see every day, or if it had been lost - or sold - along the way long ago. Just as I shared my love of the Willy with my Dad, just as I no longer own the vehicles that I worked along side him to restore, those memories and times are not diminished in any way. I will remain true to my own integrity on this one...

Most importantly.... Thank you! I do understand the hesitation expressed here and it is ultimately fine that I was called into question - perhaps even imperative. This group has generously given of their time and knowledge to help me discover the richness of this artifact - and I am grateful... Tim

MAP
    ?

Post a pic of the Willy's Tim!

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?HaHaHa - Now yur talk'in my gig! Plenty on the property, none currently restored to glory - just a few work horses, a couple of Jeepster/CJ projects in the waiting (my favorite shade of rust), and enough pieces and parts to build a few from scratch - Oh, and FC dream'in...

MAP
    ?

absolutely classic. I've always loved old jeeps and Willy's, they can pretty much go anywhere. I had an old v8 Wagoneer way back when, I think it got 2 gpm (i.e. gallons per mile)....My college buddy had a CJ5 with a dropped in Chevy 350 V8. We used to do wheelies down the street!

Michael

Check this out, from our local parade

I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?I inherited a NS62 German Helmet - Can anyone tell me what I have?

?

Tim,

No problem and while it is hard to fake a Willy's it is not hard to fake a German helmet and those usually come with a "story". Hardened collectors have become accustomed to the art of the story, and I hope I was not being accusatory as that was not the intent (as I said, it was my cynical side talking, he is a callous bastard.)

Thanks for understanding. I really, really hope you keep it. I know memories are ethereal and internal, however sometimes having a physical element to them is very evocative and powerful, and I think you might regret selling it down the road at which point its too late.

Best of luck

Doug

PS I had a 47 Willys once upon a time in a skinner, younger, more hair, day.

Tim
    Great helmet. A Heer no question. Lots of good advice and no shortage of passion on this site as you can see!!
    Steve

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6