Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Jumped in feet first honest opinions please

Article about: Hello everyone ive always had a fascination with ww2 german helmets, and saw this one on ebay, and like a fool who rushes in bought it, upon helmet arriving I inspected it, I have been readi

?

Default Jumped in feet first honest opinions please

Hello everyone ive always had a fascination with ww2 german helmets, and saw this one on ebay, and like a fool who rushes in bought it, upon helmet arriving I inspected it, I have been reading up a bit about what to look out for and used this as a guide while inspecting it, then read that 99% of helmets on ebay are fake, oh well, firstly on the shell it looks like a M 35 but no markings in helmet lid, but read that early M 35 were not stamped ? paint does not smell, not sure on the colour scheme being the correct shades, all rivets and air hole rivet look genuine none are loose, the rim around the edge is equal all way around, the wire around the helmet looks old and pitted and rusted into helmet, but not sure if it is original, ss decal appears laquered but not sure if remotely genuine, if I tap the helmet it has a dull thud, and not a ping to it as if taping a pan, I bought it for its looks, inside of helmet had slight showing of green paint, liner is marked on the metal band but leather has been artificially aged because it still smells of leather and has light marks in the creases where the dye hJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseas not got, and is very suple, the strap looks genuine but is very stiff in places as if it has been aged, it has the alloy buckle.
    im hoping I at least have a genuine shell even if it is a refurb job, could some one look at the pictures and give an honest opinion, as to whether I bought an half decent helmet or a right pup.Jumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions pleaseJumped in feet first honest opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jumped in feet first honest opinions please
    P
    Many

Run away that lid is garbage!...

?

when you say garbage do you mean it is a total fake all of it 100 % helmet liner strap

The paint, decal, wire are all bad sorry to say. The liner does not look good to me, saying that the chinstrap without close up pictures is probably bad also.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

WE ALL have jumped on things thinking,hoping,dreaming etc... It that was a good item. Do feel to badly,I just hope you did not pay to much.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

like a fool £200, oh well ill contact ebay and see if any comeback can be had, if not i could use another plant pot.

?

Yup, fake liner too, strap, paint, wire, decal, it's all bad. If it were real, it would sell for an easy $25,000 - $35,000 with 1 phone call.

Hello and welcome. I bet this one came out of Latvia? That lid is total crap. Do not buy helmets on eBay unless you know 100% what you're doing, and you don't. I don't mean to sound harsh, definitely not my intention, but SS helmets are faked ALL the time. I applaud your decision to come here and post it after the fact, but the area of SS helmets are not a good place for a beginning helmet collector. Forget about SS altogether and invest that £200 in some good helmets books. We can help you with which ones to buy.
    Last edited by MD Helmets; 03-22-2015 at 08:12 PM.

?

oh well once bitten twice shy, good job I bought it with my secret stash fund, ill stick to enduro from now on.

?

tomo46, Ya jumped in feet first... So you received a minor foot ache... Had you "Dove" in head first at $25,000 grand as DougB stated, you would be out of house and home. Lesson learned I hope.. In the future post here BEFORE you buy...Welcome to the Forum G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast