Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Jumped in feet first honest opinions please

Article about: Hello everyone ive always had a fascination with ww2 german helmets, and saw this one on ebay, and like a fool who rushes in bought it, upon helmet arriving I inspected it, I have been readi

Quote by DougB View Post
    You can, they are available on eBay for £200 each.
    Lol. Well played sir.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jumped in feet first honest opinions please
    P
    Many

?

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    I thing everyone of us has been burnt and it definatly makes you a better more careful buyer in the future. I have been done thats forsure and just about killed when a guy sold me a cheap ww1 grenade that turned out to be live . Police were watching him and he wanted it gone. I was pulling the pin, dropped it once but lucky for me the spring has seized up .
    Lucky bastard!

Reminds me when we were at the tanker monument being built near Cambrai, and they were clearing the brush near a low stone wall. At the base of the wall, buried under ages of natural debris and current growing wild grass and weeds, was a WW1 German grenade, still live. That was an uh-oh walk away moment....

?

Quote by avenger View Post
    Lol. Well played sir.
    Thank you.

?

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    I thing everyone of us has been burnt and it definatly makes you a better more careful buyer in the future. I have been done thats forsure and just about killed when a guy sold me a cheap ww1 grenade that turned out to be live . Police were watching him and he wanted it gone. I was pulling the pin, dropped it once but lucky for me the spring has seized up .
    WOW! When was this and what did you do with it? I hope you don't have it sitting in your collection.

Samir

Welcome to the forum, a sad and sorry tale for sure but you will not be the first or last to be duped by the "bay fakers". That really is a one looker fake SS helmet. At least you have found this fine forum with some real experts who are only to willing to help a serious collector who is ready to learn. My knowledge on all sorts of mlitaria has improved in the few years I have been here, plus I have made some very good friends. Enjoy! Leon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4