Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Looking at my first SS helmet. Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.

Article about: An older German woman has this helmet from her passed husbands collection. I cannot verify authenticity. I was hoping some of the experten out there could help. Ade? Etc. Many thanks in adva

Default Looking at my first SS helmet. Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.

An older German woman has this helmet from her passed husbands collection. I cannot verify authenticity. I was hoping some of the experten out there could help. Ade? Etc. Many thanks in advance. Here come the pics!.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking at my first SS helmet.  Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.   Looking at my first SS helmet.  Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.  

Attached Images Attached Images Looking at my first SS helmet.  Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.  Looking at my first SS helmet.  Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.  Looking at my first SS helmet.  Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.  Looking at my first SS helmet.  Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.  Looking at my first SS helmet.  Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.  Looking at my first SS helmet.  Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.  Looking at my first SS helmet.  Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.  Looking at my first SS helmet.  Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.  Looking at my first SS helmet.  Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.  Looking at my first SS helmet.  Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking at my first SS helmet.  Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.
    P
    Many

Bad news I am afraid. A round bottom repro decal, sorry. Jim G.

If this looks good to you, much more study is required on your part if you intend to collect SS helmets.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

bad one.

Sadly I can only confirms my forum friends opinions. It is a well known bad decal.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Maaaybe the advices that helped you save thousands of dollars is worth upgrading your membership Sir?!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking at my first SS helmet.  Looks good to me but will need your help to avoid a costly mistake.  

Many thanks. I agree, much more study on my part will be necessary. Cheers.

Is it just me or does the paint look "off"? Im thinking the whole helmet is repainted?

Yep, a round bottom fake I'm afraid, leave it well alone. Leon.