Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Looking for your opinion guys for this M42 SS helmet

Article about: hello there.guy,s i wish to sell one of my helmets.this one is m42.belonged to latvian ss legioneer from Lett. ss 19.div.helmet is owerall in good condition,just liner is damaged because lay

?

Default Re: Looking for your opinion guys for this M42 SS helmet

I would love to buy an authentic SS helmet, but I have been burned many times with Latvian Fakes. A panzer cap, SS Helmet, Kriegsmarine helmet to my demise. I'm not implying that yours is fake but it is a hard sell in the current market. Ebay is your best bet. i don't wan't to piss you off, you look pretty tough in that pic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for your opinion guys for this M42 SS helmet
    P
    Many

enyway thanks boy,s.

I also agree with Adrian. I've search quite a few web sellers and the going rate for an authentic SS lid in that condition is $2000 usd. For private purchase it would probably be around the $1,600 but will be much harder to find a buyer.

rgds, Ty

?

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    unbelieveble.so lot of well known people there,siting and brainy -smart talking about high level ss stuff etc,BUT no word about one simply ss helmet.all i asked is just help with your opinion about price.....................and no damned word.thaks.
    Ostlanddigger, the time lapse between your original post and this impatient and petulant post was 3 hours. If people don't know they won't answer. If people are away ( as many including myself have been ) it is rather impossible isn't it?

From your pictures it is quite impossible to tell if the decal is an authentic SS ET pattern decal, although I see no immediate red flags the devil, as is prone to being said, is in the details.

Post better quality pics, in particular of the details needed, that being the decal (head on no glare or distortion close up using the macro (little flower) capabilities of your digital camera) the maker and lot number and you might get a better quality response.

Finally, the research for determining value on a relatively "common" SS M42 single decal is right in front of your nose, all you have to do is hit about 8 dealer sites, a few fora, and bingo bango bongo, you can determine a market value for this alleged relic SS helmet in a matter of about 20 minutes.

Quite frankly relics are very subjective in terms of value, the beauty being in the eye of the beholder. Personally I think the value of $2000 being discussed is about double what the current market value is for something like this, based upon what is being sold out there right now for $2000 - $3000 condition wise but again, you never know.

In the future please be more patient with forum members and remember nobody is obligated to post an answer of any kind.

Thanks, and please post that tight decal shot and dial us in on that lotnr and maker stamping when you have time.

DougB THANKYOU FOR YOUR ADVICE.next time i will be more acurate.i dot,t have to proof nothing about originality. i did not asked how much can be this replica helmet,or is it original.that means i was absolutely sure for authenticity.thankyou to everybody who took part in this thread-THIS M42 SS IS SOLD.

....THIS M42 SS IS SOLD.
    Good for you mate! But it is not the "sold one's" who are the bests.
    It is the one's who is payed for who are the best.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

DougB THANKYOU FOR YOUR ADVICE.next time i will be more acurate.i dot,t have to proof nothing about originality. i did not asked how much can be this replica helmet,or is it original.that means i was absolutely sure for authenticity.thankyou to everybody who took part in this thread-THIS M42 SS IS SOLD.
    Congratulations on selling the helmet, however asking people for a price on a helmet that while looking original, cannot be verified by the pics posted, is akin to asking for an endorsement of such, therefore I believe it is the obligation of the person posting to provide said detailed photos so people can give you what you ask, a qualified opinion.

Thanks Ostlandigger.

Cheers
    Doug

[QUOTE=DougB;73389]Congratulations on selling the helmet, however asking people for a price on a helmet that while looking original, cannot be verified by the pics posted, is akin to asking for an endorsement of such, therefore I believe it is the obligation of the person posting to provide said detailed photos so people can give you what you ask, a qualified opinion.

Thanks Ostlandigger.

Cheers
    Doug[/QUOTE

Doug-
    Your arguement is quite valid.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Guys. I remove two last posts due of that is the historical discussion place and please no abuse or insult here.
    Any opinions to the related item only.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2