Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M 40 dd handschar waffen ss

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Thanks, but this is the straight sided decal and not the "fancy" one like on FLF SS helmet. Cheers, Ade. Ade, If I recall correctly, according to Baer the Strai

frw legion flandern
    ?

Default Re: M 40 dd handschar waffen ss

Quote by klokhoane View Post
    Isn't this the second helmet from him that isn't quite that what he says it is?

cheers,
    Hi there , no its the third one .
    I put my collection on this site so people would know there are differences in helmets and a decal is never the same , same maker or not ,fabric applied or hand applied. Its an interesting thread on this forum . A lot off collectors would excamen the helmets if they could and have to judge them on the net , . I am very proud to own suchs helmets believe me ! . As i said the foto's are AUTOCORRECTED so the color is not quiet to good on the screen . I try to make new ones in the coming days . The handschar M 40 and the M17 are amost textbooks examples . Never touched or taken apart , everything is firm to the shell .
    Hard to believe guys !! They came from a large collection .
    On the other hand i am not putting them on this site to BRAG .
    Grtz legion flandern

2. # ADS

Mine is a simple wish: I would just like to see a period photo or documentation of this combination of decals.

Cheers, Ade.

frw legion flandern
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Mine is a simple wish: I would just like to see a period photo or documentation of this combination of decals.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi there ,
    i know its a very difficult finding information for these kind of helmets . I found on the net a while ago some pictures off this handschar helmet . There are in a book off helmets the same decals , but i dont recall it wich one .
    Grtz legion flandern

I've seen a lot op period pictures of helmets with the ss decal on the left side, but do not know what was on the other side.
    Here is 5 minutes of internet searching.

look at this site http://www.fallschirmjager.biz/store_german0049.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images M 40 dd handschar  waffen ss  M 40 dd handschar  waffen ss 
    Last edited by Redgemak; 07-14-2010 at 01:34 PM.

frw legion flandern
    ?

Quote by Redgemak View Post
    I've seen a lot op period pictures of helmets with the ss decal on the left side, but do not know what was on the other side.

look at this site Waffen SS Helmet
    This site that youre prefering to is not a good example . They make fake examples for reenactment i think .

?

[QUOTE=Redgemak;166283]I've seen a lot op period pictures of helmets with the ss decal on the left side, but do not know what was on the other side.

look at this site [QUOTE]

Yes they are out there without question, and in fact I own 7 of them. However they are without fail, Pocher decals not ET decals as Pocher were field issued decals and typically were applied over top police decals with the party shield on the correct side for police. ET decals were factory issue decals not depot or field and seldom found on anything but the correct application ET factory issue helmet.

What is on the other side is most often a party shield as these are almost always redecalled police helmets. Sometimes it will be a double runic, in other words another SS decal is on the other side.

?

Cheers, Ade.
    Same here Ade. But an up tight close in shot of the runic decal should tell the tale here as well. However when Handschar was raised the practice of reverse decaling helmets in particular with national shields was coming to a close if not a forbidden practice altogether by then. I would be more comfortable with this being a double runic.

Cheers, Ade.
    Indeed Ade. This link has over 400 photos relating to the 13th Waffen Mountain Division of the SS Handschar (1st Croatian)

Pictures by Sturmmann13SS - Photobucket

and not a single one shows a helmet with this configuration. Infact, the fez seems to have been the headgear of choice for these guys, even in combat!

Some footage of The13th Waffen Mountain Division of the SS Handschar in action here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5vHrtGzcv0

again no helmets like this, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Isle of Wighter; 07-15-2010 at 06:32 PM.

frw legion flandern
    ?

Hi guys ,
    made some new foto's . This is a very good subject about scare helmets like the croatian ones . Hope to here more from collectors . The helmet handschar decal is not unknow . Have seen the same decal in a book but dont remember if there was an ss or a wehrmacht decal on the other side . Made some foto's with flash .
    grtz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 40 dd handschar  waffen ss   M 40 dd handschar  waffen ss  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast