Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m-40 SS SINGLE DECAL HELMET,,OPINIONS WANTED

Article about: MM if you can remove that decal without too much trouble, youve still got a nice reasonably genuine lid, but i would see if theres anything you can do with that liner, unless it was you who

Default m-40 SS SINGLE DECAL HELMET,,OPINIONS WANTED

Fracture to shell on lower left side,,,liner tight,,,lot #50,et 66...thanks in advance for all replies,,,,robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m-40 SS SINGLE DECAL HELMET,,OPINIONS WANTED   m-40 SS SINGLE DECAL HELMET,,OPINIONS WANTED  

m-40 SS SINGLE DECAL HELMET,,OPINIONS WANTED   m-40 SS SINGLE DECAL HELMET,,OPINIONS WANTED  

m-40 SS SINGLE DECAL HELMET,,OPINIONS WANTED   m-40 SS SINGLE DECAL HELMET,,OPINIONS WANTED  

m-40 SS SINGLE DECAL HELMET,,OPINIONS WANTED  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m-40 SS SINGLE DECAL HELMET,,OPINIONS WANTED
    P
    Many

Default Re: m-40 SS SINGLE DECAL HELMET,,OPINIONS WANTED

I am afraid that the decal is a repro. Jim G.

?

Yes it is indeed a bad one. Off to the scrap heap....

?

Hi MM ,i think there will be a lot asking for close ups of the decal, the liner looks to be restored , or someones put something on it like neatsfoot or mink oil, its turned it a greasey looking colour, the black bootlace doesnt help either, as for the lid , id say no problem with being original

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Hi MM ,i think there will be a lot asking for close ups of the decal,
    No need Dave, for certain that is a repro Pocher decal. The lid is original but I think the liner has been swapped into this one as well. For a very small price you could buy this and remove the decal but it would have to be a very small price.

?

Yes Doug , i was trying to be diplomatic, its my British sense of weird sarcasm but in the nicest possible way

I agree, this one is no good.

BOO HOO....LOL,,,,I also had my doubts about the decal, so can anyone guess when this style of fake decal became available?...thanks for all the comments guys,,,,Robert

?

robert the decal is very pointed at the base, and dosnt seem as though it has lived on the helmet for 70 years,it sits on top ,rather than blend in naturally,dimentions are also incorrect,im sorry to pour on the bad news,im new here and feel somewhat aukward saying this, sorry, george w

its OK George,,,I am a man and can take this type of bad news,,,its just that i have had this for many years and cannot remember how i came to possess it,,,,the truth about these things which consume us is always welcome....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast