Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M 40 SS single decal steel helmet, battlefield found

Article about: how can someone know if these leds are real or not? can there be metal check to see what kind of metal they used? thank you for showing the led. sam

?

Default Re: M 40 SS single decal steel helmet, battlefield found

how can someone know if these leds are real or not? can there be metal check to see what kind of metal they used?
    thank you for showing the led.
    sam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M 40 SS single decal steel helmet, battlefield found
    P
    Many

Dimas-
    A great helmet! Too many " internet experts " have no idea what they are talking about. I always say that it is difficult to judge some items from pictures. In my opinion, this helmet is a one looker. Too many people want to say "that never happened." Never is a position that can never be considered when an artifact came in contact with and was utilized by a human being.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for the image. I wish to second Mr. Coleman's comments about many internet experts. At the end of the day, one has the feeling that they are the silly man standing behind the curtain in the throne room of the Wizard of Oz in the Emerald City. Others in North America are jealous they have no battle field with the detritus of war at their beck and call. Instead, their answer is a garage sale. I salute your battle fields in central and eastern Europe and those who find things there, even if some nationalistic and xenophobic skeptics in the English speaking world pooh-pooh the results. Hence thank you for posting here. Let us keep this website an open and tolerant affair that profits from the experience and expertise of all, regardless.

Please show us more of your finds and discoveries.

?

I mustly just photographed the battlefield founds, that is more interesting to me to make a pictures when the item is being found- this is the history. I know one guy in Estonia who came inside to the Pz 6 which are still in the bog from the war time ( this is the real story, the tank will be probably pulled out if goverment will allow to do that) he got a side hat from this tank. I've told that this cap started to be a piece of junk- due of no pictures being taken it from the historical place- no one will know true documented history. I'am absolutely with yours about others thoughts....
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks for this. The whole battle field archeology thing in central and eastern Europe is a very welcome development. Whatever you can record of the past as it is rediscovered is of great merit. On the lord of the flies site there were some who were very skeptical of these things, but I do not see how these critics had any direct experience thus to form a negative opinion. In any case, there are always blow hards and self important types, as Bob Coleman observed, whether they be here or there. Your part of Europe has every right to its history in full and the rest of us profit from it.

many thanks.

?

Hopefully Dimas one day soon the man you mention, i'll not mention his name will get permission from the Estonian Government to pull the Tiger out !!

That will be a great day if he does it a real historical moment, i'd love to be there !!

regards

Paul

?

very nice find, Thanks for posting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2