Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M16 dd ss

Article about: Hi, comment invited on this M16, marked under rear skirt ET 64. I has had the original feldgrau overpainted with a dull combat type paint, the inner interior color remains original.

Default Re: M16 dd ss

Quote by DougB View Post
    The appearance of the fake ground pulver gives it a look similar to finely crushed glass, hence its nickname. Fine sharp edges of the runes and where the pulver meets with the ink of the runes also gives this one away.
    I'll have to keep an eye out for these. This one would have fooled me. lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 dd ss
    P
    Many

Hi Mo, an honest answer. These have fooled a lot of people over the years and have been the cause of much grief..

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I'll have to keep an eye out for these. This one would have fooled me. lol
    This one has fooled some very experienced collectors when it first came out. Still does in fact, it's a very good fake.

Thank you to those who have offered their opinions. Just one point, as the black color paint was applied over the original feldgrau and is period done of that I am confident. Through some scratches on the surface of the decals can be seen the original feldgrau color so presumably the decals were on when it was repainted and masked over. Just seems a strange thing to do, much easier to just put the decals on after. And if accepting that the helmet black paint is period done did any other service use a black colored M17?.

Hi, so you are stating that the black color is is post war applied, I having the benefit of examining it closely as are others who have handled it are confident the black color period applied, why would I want to strip it off. The decals well The general opinion is they are repro, that point I cannot argue.

?

Quote by reichss View Post
    Thank you to those who have offered their opinions. Just one point, as the black color paint was applied over the original feldgrau and is period done of that I am confident. Through some scratches on the surface of the decals can be seen the original feldgrau color so presumably the decals were on when it was repainted and masked over. Just seems a strange thing to do, much easier to just put the decals on after. And if accepting that the helmet black paint is period done did any other service use a black colored M17?.
    Fire and Luftschutz painted their helmets black, as did Luftwaffe and Heer, many examples abound. I have handled many period black SS transitionals, this does not appear period done. This looks like the many fake black SS I've seen done by Bill Maertz or from the Phil Miller collection. Sorry, yours is not a period SS blackie.

?

Hi, so you are stating that the black color is is post war applied, I having the benefit of examining it closely as are others who have handled it are confident the black color period applied, why would I want to strip it off. The decals well The general opinion is they are repro, that point I cannot argue.
    Yes I am, how many real black SS transitionals have you handled other than this 1 fake? The opinion is not that the decals are fake, it's a fact your decals are fake.

The more you defend this helmet the worse service you are doing to yourself mate. You need to get a reality check and take this back to the dealer from whence it came and get a refund.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Yes I am, how many real black SS transitionals have you handled other than this 1 fake? The opinion is not that the decals are fake, it's a fact your decals are fake.

The more you defend this helmet the worse service you are doing to yourself mate. You need to get a reality check and take this back to the dealer from whence it came and get a refund.
    Doug, if I recall, you have one of the most insane SS helmet collections of all time! I will come to you if I ever come across an SS lid! Trust Doug on this!

Thanks all for your collective wisdom. I accept the decals are repro, but I believe the black paint is period applied, so be it.

?

Thanks all for your collective wisdom. I accept the decals are repro, but I believe the black paint is period applied, so be it.
    So be it....give me a break, it doesn't work like that, God. Your faith in which the foundation is rooted in an astounding lack of wisdom, is most disheartening. Veracity aside, you need to study the bible of SS books to learn not to believe in false prophets.

And the Lord on the 8th day created a fake SS helmet - it was not thy perfect fake, but it had it's believers.....

Sorry, your "so be it" makes it as real as those fake SS decals and I won't placate you with an "it's your helmet, believe it if you want"' you have a postwar fake designed to deceive and I'll bet money I know who made it. Again, enjoy your collection.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast