Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M16 dd ss

Article about: Hi, comment invited on this M16, marked under rear skirt ET 64. I has had the original feldgrau overpainted with a dull combat type paint, the inner interior color remains original.

Default Re: M16 dd ss

Well Doug you're obviously the font of all knowledge , by the way your sarcasm demeans you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 dd ss
    P
    Many

?

Reichss Doug isn't being sarcastic at all he seems a liitle exasperasted as we all are i suspect that you are continuing to cling onto whatever stories you've been told or " expert " advice you have recieved about all the helmets you have posted . Doug has long expereince in the world of SS Helmets and his comments should always be listened too and taken on board , that said the helmets you have posted are clearly fakes to everyone here who has some knowledge of helmets. You can post them on any forum and you will be told the same.

Where have you been buying them ? If they are from the same person then they are bordering on being criminal as they are high end pieces and no doubt have not come cheap , perhaps you should take on board the advice and try and retrieve some of your money,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Reichss, It is natural that you feel that everyone is "putting down" a piece of your "collection", that is not the case here, you offered this piece for comments and have received some of the best informed opinions based on a vast amount of experienced collectors there are, there are a few true experts of SS helmet collecting, DougB, happens to one of them, you have to remember that the advice given here is free, there are no hidden motives to discredit an item, only the goodwill to try and educate collectors in order that the items being attained are the real deal and save hard earned money from being wasted on high end fakes, you may think that there is sarcasm, i would call that a frustration on behalf of the person offering the advice, there is an old saying, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink, we all have to learn from our mistakes and every collector has made them and on occassions it has cost us dearly, that is why the opinions given here are honest and based on very experienced knowledge and the advice given here should be accepted gracefully, if you disagree with that advice , that is your right, noone here is trying to force you to believe it , just trying to educate the uninformed and unfortunately that is sometimes an uphill struggle that is very frustrating when no thanks are offered and an unwiilingness to accept the truth is displayed, your main concern really should be to try and obtain refunds for the items that have been sold as original, i hope you are successful
    regards Dave

?

Dave and Doug have good feedback that should be listened to. You got ripped off for thousands! Say it with us , "THOUSANDS" of dollars!!, try to get your money back for god's sake! Or yu could just believe they are real and live in a fairyland world.
    ~Dean

Firstly I didn't get ripped off for thousands of dollars so rest easy please. Secondly I am not trying to delude myself or anyone else as to originality of these items I have put on the forum for ( DISCUSSION ) . My questions might seem dumb or uneducated or both but I ask them in good faiith because I wanted answers, not unjustified criticism.
    Thank you to all who have taken the time to hep me in this.
    Brad

?

Quote by reichss View Post
    Well Doug you're obviously the font of all knowledge , by the way your sarcasm demeans you.
    Brad, I learn here and elsewhere like everyone else. The day you stop learning is the day you die. But I have handled more period, and fake, black SS helmets than just about anyone on the planet save Bob Hoffmann, Darryl Pajot and Kelly Hicks all respected collectors/authors with whom we discuss these at great length. Telling someone who knows the subject matter 'well I believe you are wrong, so be it" is like telling someone you believe the sky is green, so be it.

My sarcasm for your words is not that, it is more like, contempt, with a good dose of frustration spilling over.

"So be it" proves you want no discussion, just blind acceptance for a fake helmet because "you say so". That is not how one comes onto the forum and behaves.

Cheers
    Doug

?

Quote by reichss View Post
    Firstly I didn't get ripped off for thousands of dollars so rest easy please. Secondly I am not trying to delude myself or anyone else as to originality of these items I have put on the forum for ( DISCUSSION ) . My questions might seem dumb or uneducated or both but I ask them in good faiith because I wanted answers, not unjustified criticism.
    Thank you to all who have taken the time to hep me in this.
    Brad
    Brad, the discussion you have wanted is one way only. Saying the criticism has been "unjustified" proves that along with "so be it". Your questions have not been dumb or uneducated but they do demean those that have thousands of hours of study into the subject matter and have handled hundreds of examples, as your questions are more like statements for the forum to blindly accept, not questions hence there has been no real discussion of your helmets.

It is a good thing you are not out thousands of dollars. But when you consider that if your helmet was real it would fetch $25,000 with one phone call, you must consider that also an indictment of the originality of your helmets. A Normandy camo SS in the condition you have would fetch close to $30,000, again with 1 phone call. The police camo, if real, would fetch upwards of $8,000. The WW1 Guard helmet, if real, would fetch close to the same. You are showing off what would be considered crown jewels in the worlds top collections. Not one of them has been close to real. If you are paying next to nothing for these, well that is another nail in the coffin of fakery and forgery. Its like buying a Rolex on eBay for $50 and saying its real. Or finding a Rolls Royce and Lambourghini for the price of a rusted out Datsun B250 to put it into another context.

So, you have your answers, best of luck in your future collecting endeavours. I hope you learn what a real discussion is out of this train wreck of a thread, there are many collectors with decades of experience and tens of thousands of hours willing to share in that knowledge as it advances the hobby. Listen to what they say is paramount to becoming a good collector yourself, arming yourself with knowledge is the only weapon to fight back at the thousands of fake items and the hundreds of dipshits lurking out there waiting to make a buck off ignorance.

Cheers
    Doug

reichss you are fishing in the wrong pond , where did you get this one from ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    And the Lord on the 8th day created a fake SS helmet - it was not thy perfect fake, but it had it's believers.....
    Haha! Best quote ever!

reichss, I do not mean to offend, but the attitude you have about these helmets is the reason why fakers can keep doing what they do. They make their money because of this.

It can be devastating to know that you have wasted money on a fake, but if you arm yourself with knowledge then you can avoid making the same mistake in the future. I hope that you see us all as friends who are trying to help you. I can also vouch for Doug's advice. He has handled more SS helmets than most of us here combined.

My advice would be to buy Kelly Hicks' book, study as many originals as you can, and get extra opinions on everything you may be purchasing. Happy hunting!

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Haha! Best quote ever!

reichss, I do not mean to offend, but the attitude you have about these helmets is the reason why fakers can keep doing what they do. They make their money because of this.

It can be devastating to know that you have wasted money on a fake, but if you arm yourself with knowledge then you can avoid making the same mistake in the future. I hope that you see us all as friends who are trying to help you. I can also vouch for Doug's advice. He has handled more SS helmets than most of us here combined.

My advice would be to buy Kelly Hicks' book, study as many originals as you can, and get extra opinions on everything you may be purchasing. Happy hunting!

Well said - If you looking for expert advice then take it. These guys have nothing to lose with this helmet - That's what this forum is for - to learn, to take advice and accept when a mistake is made -

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast