Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M16 dd ss

Article about: Hi, comment invited on this M16, marked under rear skirt ET 64. I has had the original feldgrau overpainted with a dull combat type paint, the inner interior color remains original.

Default Re: M16 dd ss

Are you seriously suggesting that the M16 Camo Guards helmet is a re-pro?.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 dd ss
    P
    Many

Quote by reichss View Post
    Yes : Board Message

If you re- read Doug's quote on post #27......

"....It is a good thing you are not out thousands of dollars. But when you consider that if your helmet was real it would fetch $25,000 with one phone call, you must consider that also an indictment of the originality of your helmets. A Normandy camo SS in the condition you have would fetch close to $30,000, again with 1 phone call. The police camo, if real, would fetch upwards of $8,000. The WW1 Guard helmet, if real, would fetch close to the same...."

....Then you will see that yes, that is what he is saying. Unfortunately it appears that every helmet you have thus posted is bogus, sorry mate.....Have you got any more?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

reichss even i can see that your helmet is a fake doug and dave have brilliant advice take it get whatever you paid for it back and the best advice i can ever give you is post pictures on here before you buy because you will save a hell of a lot of cash if you do

tom

Without a doubt. Jim G.

?

Yup. Big time.

PS you misidentified it as a rare square dip helmet as well as misidentified your repro Normandy camo SS as an M35 when it was an M40. With all due respect, your helmet knowledge is at the beginner level, I do not think you are qualified to judge originality of hand painted insignia, SS decals or camo paint. I mean that with the best of intentions.

When I want to buy something outside of my collecting interest I will always source collectors with advanced knowledge to confirm originality and learn about the piece.

You have been buying it appears on trust without the knowledge needed to confirm originality yourself on pieces that require advanced knowledge, and you're being sold the rarest helmets ON THE PLANET.

Who is your source? You need to walk away from this source, get your money refunded and study the subject matter my friend.

?

Reichss, collectss, whatever you would want to be called, by your name and other posts you say you also collect SS items. I really hope you have not bought them from the same source as your helmets. I would be very concerned right now if so.

Oh dear......It just get's worse and worse....,doesn't it?? Can somone pass the eye bleach please?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

For your sake Reichss, take the helmets back for a refund, and if you cant get one , please learn from the experience, that way you will not be fleeced in the future, and avoid the person who sold them to you like the plague

What a shame.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast