Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M16 SD helmet?

Article about: by alikat A similar one on the Guild The Collector's Guild It's not similar , the one from the Guild is a commercial style helmet. The interior of the helmet you posted is 100% good but the

?

Default M16 SD helmet?

I have been offered this M16helmet. Claimed to come from a capturted soldier under Klaus Barbie's command. I would assume this to mean it is SS. No mention whether this was captured in France or Germany. No decal evident. Comes with a dress bayonet said to have been picked up from the same POW. Liner marked 56 but seller can see no lot number etc on the actual helmet. Any thoughts?
    M16 SD helmet?M16 SD helmet?M16 SD helmet?M16 SD helmet?M16 SD helmet?M16 SD helmet?M16 SD helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 SD helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M16 SD helmet?

I can't tell if it is a m16 or m17 because it is a reissue, the original factory liner has been removed and the helmet has been given a new m31 liner. Appears to have black paint, possibly an ss or parade transitional.

Corey

?

Thanks, I would assume $300 for both is a good price then!

I'm sure the SS never went to war in these black helmets (guys?). Is the black in the crown of the lid under the liner as well? Any paint on the liner? Is it the only paint on the shell or more underneath?

Need much better pics.

If we could get closer pics of the paint, liner and bayonet, they could very well be worth the $300.

?

A similar one on the Guild
    The Collector's Guild

?

I've asked the seller for some real close up pics.

Looks green in the dome Kradspam. I would also like better, closer pics of the paint, liner and bayo. I am not sure of the black paint but lets see the pics first

Jason

I didn't see that price, I thought it was up at SS money. $300 isn't at all ridiculous but I'd like more pics if I was the buyer

Good price for any Transitional in my opinion, even if it's a repaint...I'd consider the parade bayonet as a bonus!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast