Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M16 SD helmet?

Article about: by alikat A similar one on the Guild The Collector's Guild It's not similar , the one from the Guild is a commercial style helmet. The interior of the helmet you posted is 100% good but the

Default Re: M16 SD helmet?

Quote by alikat View Post
    A similar one on the Guild
    The Collector's Guild
    It's not similar , the one from the Guild is a commercial style helmet.
    The interior of the helmet you posted is 100% good but the satin black paint on the outside I haven't seen before , there should be factory paint under the black imo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 SD helmet?
    P
    Many

The liner band looks poorly inserted to me. If this was my helmet, that would concern me. Ask for some close ups.
    Regards,
    Corey

PS:
    The helmet seen on the collectors guild has similar paint, but that particular helmet is not a m16/17. It is a transitional helmet made between 1918 and 1935.

?

Make sure you buy the helmet, not the story! I'd be wanting pics of the actual capture !!!!

I have a gas mask and container with "WH" initialed....someone told me that Himmler had a secret cousin named Wilhelm!!! It's nice to dream!

?

Looks like a postwar painted fire helmet to me not SS.

?

More pics, but I don't know if they show what you are looking for though.
    M16 SD helmet?M16 SD helmet?M16 SD helmet?M16 SD helmet?M16 SD helmet?M16 SD helmet?M16 SD helmet?M16 SD helmet?

I'd bet that liner is a Norway reissue, cleaned with acetone. The lace is the type they used, and the leather has that look..... Does that fit in with what the seller is telling you? A shot of the underside of the leather should confirm but I'm pretty sure.

Really don't buy the SS story...

Looks like the original paint is gone and its been repainted. I reckon kradspam is dead on about the liner as well. Sounds like a made up story to move it on, with a price so you dont think twice. I would leave it alone.

Jason

?

This one doesn't give me the "SS" vibe at all. I have seen lots of M16's and 17's both German and Austrian types in this configuration and this one happens to be one of the least closest to being an SS blackie. Liner possibly period, but post war paint IMO.

Krad, I highly doubt if the SS ever went into battle with these WW1 & commercially produced blackies, but I have seen period pics of the SS wearing them in training in the early stages. I know in the final days of the war, the Volksturm and night flak units did use SS blackies. They were repainted with a flat black and some were even refitted with the more modern M31 liner system. Heres a pic of a great example. Its my Allgemeine SS that was used by either the Volksturm or possibly a flak unit in the last days of the war.

M16 SD helmet?

M16 SD helmet?

M16 SD helmet?

?

Liner pics

M16 SD helmet?M16 SD helmet?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast