Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M18 SS DD black helmet

Article about: Hello guys, I know this helmet for sale, but first some opinions are needed. Thx. Kris.

?

Default Re: M18 SS DD black helmet

There are some interesting things about the helmet I agree. I wouldn't recommend ownership without a clear in hand examination and a very low pricetag. I am curious about the leather 2 finger drawstring attachment, I'm not familiar with something like that. This is either a heavily messed with helmet or it has some slight originality to it. Pics fail me on this one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 SS DD black helmet
    P
    Many

I didn't give this the time of day as a good Pocher Doug, am I way off on that? I didn't like the way the red field has gone on the party. I thought the white field would always go first if there was any flaking to be done. I did think they had good attention to detail though, with the dome masked off the way it is etc...

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    The bottom edge of the leftmost rune isn't horizontal or aligned to the right hand rune?
    Hey Glenn, it look to me that this look is caused by paint missing.

?

I don't like the decals and don't think this liner was in the helmet when it was sprayed, there's no overspray on the chinstrap bales, pads or liner band. I think someone added a liner, touched it up and popped some fake SS decals on her, buti am wondering if the black is period paint. Nothing I'd spend over $250-350 to find out however!

?

Your right Doug. You would expect to see some over spray, and there isn't which makes me suspicious as well.

?

That said I think the exterior paint and interior black might be original, but perhaps a fire helmet used postwar, dressed up to be an SS now, a common trick the tricksters like to play.

?

Doug, do u think the M27 liner system in that is original? I can't even make out of the stampings in the pads. I also noticed the tongues are black from the inside. Possibly treated?

- - Updated - -

Like you said earlier, hands on examination is needed here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2