Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M1935 SS Double Decal helmet (Leibstandarte)

Article about: I am being offered for sale an above and would like to know if it is real or fake. Could someone out there help me with his issue. Would need his EM address to send him the necessary pics. T

Default Re: M1935 SS Double Decal helmet (Leibstandarte)

Anyone got any comments on that helmet?? I cant wait to hear and learn

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1935 SS Double Decal helmet (Leibstandarte)
    P
    Many

Antoine, Adrian and fellow forum members, Please accept my apology for my initial curt and unwarranted post regarding the absence of pictures at the start of this thread. I may have set the tone for additional posts, and consider myself to be at fault for what followed. My post was out of line, but I hope most will agree, also out of character. Never the less, there is no excuse for it. I am sorry, and more than a bit embarrassed, by it. Ade, your comments are justified and 100% correct. Over the few years that I have participated in this forum, one of the best by the way, I have on several occasions commented on the occasional lack of civility demonstrated by one or another participant. I should practice what I preach, and assure you all that I will not engage in such behavior in the future. Regarding the helmet Antoine, I would avoid it. I think the decals, paint liner and chinstrap are all reproductions. The wear to the decals is contrived to give the helmet the appearance of age. It is a very good idea to post prospective purchases before laying out large sums of cash, because it is really a minefield out there. Despite the first impressions you may have formed about the forum, no doubt in large part due to my bad conduct, I would urge you to stick with this forum, the members are, for the most part, decent and helpful. Best regards, Jim G.

?

Guys I just got a PM about some negative posts, the fellow doesnt know how to post pics so give him some slack thanks. I have the photos and the new member has given me permission to post them however I will do that later today when I am home from work.

Cheers
    Doug

?

By the fish eye angle the pics were taken it's a high end fake unless you can take better macro shots of the decal to prove me wrong.

Regards
    Samir

The wear isn't completely honest. But then again it's an elite helmet. Looks like a good fake.

You'll need experienced experts to dismantle this bomb.

From the details I'd say bogus. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck.

?

Quote by kenbent View Post
    The wear isn't completely honest. But then again it's an elite helmet. Looks like a good fake.

You'll need experienced experts to dismantle this bomb.

From the details I'd say bogus. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck.
    It's not just the wear, it just doesnt have the traits I like to see in an NS or Pocher decal. I would love to see what my SS comrades have to say especially DougB.
    Last edited by SSamir; 02-14-2012 at 09:34 PM.

It gives me a bad vibe... I hope Doug can clear this one up for you.

This isn't a crushed glass fake is it?

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    It gives me a bad vibe... I hope Doug can clear this one up for you.

This isn't a crushed glass fake is it?
    I'm almost certain it is the crushed type, let's see what Doug has to say, he has lots of experience with the crushed type decal.

?

What exactly is a "crushed glass decal?".

Quote by Normandie View Post
    Why are there so many comments deleted?
    I will chime in and sincerely state that the Moderators and Administration of this forum were too embarrassed to allow them to remain public for the rest of the collecting community to see in the future...

Out of all the threads that I have witnessed in the past that were and/or should have been flushed down the toilet, this one is A#1 on my list.

Utterly sad, to say the least, Dear Associates....
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast