MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M1935 SS Double Decal helmet (Leibstandarte)

Article about: I am being offered for sale an above and would like to know if it is real or fake. Could someone out there help me with his issue. Would need his EM address to send him the necessary pics. T

Default Re: M1935 SS Double Decal helmet (Leibstandarte)

Dear new member Antoine,

Please, kindly accept our deepest apologies.

Sincerely,
    Richie C
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1935 SS Double Decal helmet (Leibstandarte)
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    What exactly is a "crushed glass decal?".
    Hi Datrus,

Doug has pics of the infamous "crushed glass" decal. I have some pics of his in my SS database for studies, but I do not want to post without his consent. Be patient my friend and good ole Doug will post pics of them.

Regards
    Samir

?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    I will chime in and sincerely state that the Moderators and Administration of this forum were too embarrassed to allow them to remain public for the rest of the collecting community to see in the future... Out of all the threads that I have witnessed in the past that were and/or should have been flushed down the toilet, this one is A#1 on the list.

Utterly sad, to say the least, Dear Associates....
    I would be very happy to be left out of this category. My post was not insulting in ANY way. I only "speak" now because i will not accept to be put in this category Richie. I have never showed any bad behavior here, and do not intend to do so. This thread should be erased completely and started all over again. It looks a mess now.

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Dear new member Antoine,

Please, kindly accept our deepest apologies.

Sincerely,
    Richie C
    Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Antoine, Adrian and fellow forum members, Please accept my apology for my initial curt and unwarranted post regarding the absence of pictures at the start of this thread. I may have set the tone for additional posts, and consider myself to be at fault for what followed. My post was out of line, but I hope most will agree, also out of character. Never the less, there is no excuse for it. I am sorry, and more than a bit embarrassed, by it. Ade, your comments are justified and 100% correct. Over the few years that I have participated in this forum, one of the best by the way, I have on several occasions commented on the occasional lack of civility demonstrated by one or another participant. I should practice what I preach, and assure you all that I will not engage in such behavior in the future. Regarding the helmet Antoine, I would avoid it. I think the decals, paint liner and chinstrap are all reproductions. The wear to the decals is contrived to give the helmet the appearance of age. It is a very good idea to post prospective purchases before laying out large sums of cash, because it is really a minefield out there. Despite the first impressions you may have formed about the forum, no doubt in large part due to my bad conduct, I would urge you to stick with this forum, the members are, for the most part, decent and helpful. Best regards, Jim G.

Jim,

I thank and applaud your candor.

Regards,
    Richie C

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I would be very happy to be left out of this category. My post was not insulting in ANY way. I only "speak" now because i will not accept to be put in this category Richie. I have never showed any bad behavior here, and do not intend to do so. This thread should be erased completely and started all over again. It looks a mess now.
    I think we will leave it visible for now Lars.

I am certain that Ade will have something to say about this also...

?

If Antoine feels my post was meant in a negative way, i will just say it was never the intention. I hope he will understand this. I have no idea of what went on later on after i posted.

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Hi Datrus,

Doug has pics of the infamous "crushed glass" decal. I have some pics of his in my SS database for studies, but I do not want to post without his consent. Be patient my friend and good ole Doug will post pics of them.

Regards
    Samir
    I certainly hope he will do so

?

What was said and done is finished with now so no point dwelling on it openly any further. The thread needs to go back to the helmet and the discussion surrounding the article. Just a final point, as I said previously, there may be a language barrier between members and it works both ways, the recipient of any comments may not understand them in the manner in which they're intended just as easily as the other way round.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Does anybody have an idea about how many of these LSSAH helmets is actually still "alive"? Originals that is. Or how many was ever made.

?

OK.....wow a lot happened since the many hours that I visited. Thanks Adrian for posting the photos, Ive had a very busy day at work, 12 hours and still going so had not time to post the photos I was emailed of the helmet.

Anyway, enough about the BS, lets move forward.

I am sorry to say both decals are postwar reproductions.

Cheers

Doug

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast