Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 DD SS with Battle Damage - Q62 - Lot#4768

Article about: This one I picked up at a gun show about 10 years ago from a local collector who focuses on battle damaged helmets. This one appears to have been a battle field pick up, and judging from the

Default M35 DD SS with Battle Damage - Q62 - Lot#4768

This one I picked up at a gun show about 10 years ago from a local collector who focuses on battle damaged helmets. This one appears to have been a battle field pick up, and judging from the blood rot on the shell, which almost obliterated the party shield, and the consistent blood damage on the liner, I suspect it was lying in a pool of blood for a while before it was found. It is a Q62 M35, but has a zinc coated steel liner and a Pocher Runic shield, so I suspect it was depot refitted. The Pocher runic shield is placed over the remnants of the original factory applied runic decal, traces of which can be seen near the bottom of the existing decal at the 7:00 o'clock position. I can't tell if there was a second Party Shield applied or if what is there now is the remains of the original decal. The draw string is obviously not original. I suspect the vet tied up the tongues post War with a piece of gimp. Certainly not mint, but rather a grim reminder of the butcher's bill of war. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD SS with Battle Damage - Q62 - Lot#4768   M35 DD SS with Battle Damage - Q62 - Lot#4768  

M35 DD SS with Battle Damage - Q62 - Lot#4768   M35 DD SS with Battle Damage - Q62 - Lot#4768  

M35 DD SS with Battle Damage - Q62 - Lot#4768   M35 DD SS with Battle Damage - Q62 - Lot#4768  

M35 DD SS with Battle Damage - Q62 - Lot#4768  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD SS with Battle Damage - Q62 - Lot#4768
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M35 DD SS with Battle Damage - Q62 - Lot#4768

Really salty one Jim! Has that "Fat" Pocher which I believe is a doublestrike, I have examined a pile of them at high magnification and it seems to be the runes were "struck" twice by the offset press, you can see this clearly on the right rune, outside point, a double "tip" and elsewhere where the border appears "twice". Reissued with the Pocher decal. Interesting helmet Jim!

Very nice helmet Jim,

Do you store all your helmets with their chinstraps folded under like this? I have just begun to do this myself. I don't like them resting over the visor because it places needless strain on the leather.

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    Very nice helmet Jim,

Do you store all your helmets with their chinstraps folded under like this? I have just begun to do this myself. I don't like them resting over the visor because it places needless strain on the leather.
    Hi Corey, If the strap is supple and not over the brim when I acquire the helmet I prefer to store it in this manner. If the strap has been over the brim for a long time and has sort of molded to the shape of the brim I just leave it as is.
    Doug, this one is most definitely a "double strike". The photos don't show it as clearly as I would have liked, I am just a terrible photographer.
    Anyway, thanks for the favorable comments. Cheers, Jim G.

?

I store them the same as you Jim re the straps. I have a "triple strike" even!

My heart skipped a beat when I saw that decal! I scrolled down and the lid was turning around, I was thinking 'a bit salty but cool', and then BOOM! Minty screamer of a fat Pocher. Love it.

Ditto on the straps chaps.

Absolutely beautiful lid. I love the mix of genuine combat/battlefield pickup and minty SS decal. Perfectly placed damage to tell a story but convey the look so well. Another cracker, well done

Jason

?

Wonderful helmet

I agree another great lid Jim!

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

nice helmet thanks for showing. doublestruck decal someone wasent watching the feeder on the press that day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast