Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

M35 DD SS ET Fat Runes

Article about: Yep, I agree, possibly botique. One exception to that possibility is they are widely occuring in early LAH pictures, in many transitional configurations of field grey and black (and actually

Default re: M35 DD SS ET Fat Runes

Wow! I now hate you Doug, as I will never be able to add something that spectacular to my collection!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD SS ET Fat Runes
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M35 DD SS ET Fat Runes

What is the SIZE difference between the Fat Rune and the Original Pocher? Is the entire decal wider or just the Runes?

?

Quote by ZigZag View Post
    What is the SIZE difference between the Fat Rune and the Original Pocher? Is the entire decal wider or just the Runes?
    The runes are thicker. I have never measured the shield width but they look pretty close to me. Look in the SS decal thread pinned in this section you can see.

How did I miss this, lovely stuff Doug.

I am surprise you did not get the M34 with the fat runes that is for sell on Kelly website.
    Great helmet you have there Doug.
    chris

I agree with the other guys,VERY NICE(P.S love the re-issued M-18 ear cut)

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I am surprise you did not get the M34 with the fat runes that is for sell on Kelly website.
    Great helmet you have there Doug.
    chris
    Not much appeal for me on that one. There are only 2 Fat Runes helmets for me. This one, and I would love to get the one Bob H has, a black transitional named to an LAH soldier.
    Thanks for the further compliments gents.

-edit- I dont want to make it sound like I dont think the helmet on Kelly's site isnt real, it is just a matter of collector preference and aesthetics. In other words, I find it kind of ugly... but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Ah, yes, I admit it is kind of ugly, but it's one of a very few of these intriguing early decal styles out there and frankly fat runes would look beautiful on a coal bucket!
    Quote by DougB View Post
    Not much appeal for me on that one. There are only 2 Fat Runes helmets for me. This one, and I would love to get the one Bob H has, a black transitional named to an LAH soldier.
    Thanks for the further compliments gents.

-edit- I dont want to make it sound like I dont think the helmet on Kelly's site isnt real, it is just a matter of collector preference and aesthetics. In other words, I find it kind of ugly... but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

This is my first real post on this forum; I hope you all enjoy my fat rune as my first contribution! The letter is from the 501st PIR veteran who brought this back from Berchtesgaden. As far as these examples, especially Doug's excellent piece that started this thread, I have often wondered if these ET helmets were from what Ludwig Baer has described as a one-time shipment of several hundred M-35 helmets to the LAH during the early distribution period of M-35s. They all bear similar characteristics, such as the 3574 (or 3567) batch number; 1936 dome stamps, 1937 dated liner bands, blue-green liner retaining rivets, and especially thin paint which is discernable when in hand. It's almost as if they were a botique batch job, done specially on a one-time basis. I have not seen another M-35 fatty outside of these parameters to date, so that is what I think they were.

Regards, Kelly H.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD SS ET Fat Runes   M35 DD SS ET Fat Runes  

M35 DD SS ET Fat Runes   M35 DD SS ET Fat Runes  

Wow! The runes still look almost new, a quality decal construction!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast