MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

M35 DD SS ET Fat Runes

Article about: Yep, I agree, possibly botique. One exception to that possibility is they are widely occuring in early LAH pictures, in many transitional configurations of field grey and black (and actually

Default Re: M35 DD SS ET Fat Runes

I'm so glad the trooper did not decide that it was a burden!

Very very nice Kelly, glad to have you aboard here also, welcome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD SS ET Fat Runes
    P
    Many

Thanks! Just think how much third reich stuff became a burden, and was cast aside. Glad this one made it across the atlantic anyway :-)

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I'm so glad the trooper did not decide that it was a burden!

Very very nice Kelly, glad to have you aboard here also, welcome.

?

Welcome aboard Kelly! That Fat Runes is the creme de la creme of M35's for sure! We've discussed the distribution of these and I agree that as to be the answer as well (that Fat Runes are LAH) Did Baer have any source documents that show this shipment? The man certainly was a wealth of knowledge.

As for the civvie with the Fat Runes, I agree the Fat Runes would look superb tattooed on the arse of a pig! It's the helmet I find ugly!

Thanks for that Doug! I agree about pig's arses by the way

I will try to dig out some uber closeups of that pig's fat rune to show some of the detailed characteristics.. stand by...

Quote by DougB View Post
    Welcome aboard Kelly! That Fat Runes is the creme de la creme of M35's for sure! We've discussed the distribution of these and I agree that as to be the answer as well (that Fat Runes are LAH) Did Baer have any source documents that show this shipment? The man certainly was a wealth of knowledge.

As for the civvie with the Fat Runes, I agree the Fat Runes would look superb tattooed on the arse of a pig! It's the helmet I find ugly!

Here is the fat rune shield on the civic lightweight, dated 1934. Note this is un-lacquered and the materials have crazed in an arc, due to the reaction to the paint and aluminum. Fat runes are gorgeous works of art, and I wonder why this shield was not universally adopted!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD SS ET Fat Runes  

?

Love the decal! Now just peel it off and get it on that pigs arse LoL! Why couldn't this be on a nice RZM shell instead....

There are so many variant decal/shell applications that speak to the early formative years of the SS as a fledgling then rapidly expanding organization whose tentacles branches out into paramilitary, security, police and military. The variety found and thus far catalogued is amazing.

Do we know who made this decal chaps? I notice it has the border in the runes like a Pocher.

?

I don't know but I've always though it a Pocher or simply a local private boutique purchase. Kelly would have more insight, he has handled all of the known Fattys I imagine.

I don't actually know, but I think it might possibly be an early ET produced decal prototype.

?

I magnified it and compared it to both but I can't remember which the print and pulver bore a stronger resemblance to now and lost the 400x pics when my old Toshiba crashed. Ill have to try it again one of these days.

I was thinking Pocher or boutique given the variety of shells it is found on similar to Pochers.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast