Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 DD SS helmet, opinions please?

Article about: Hey guys, I'm new here and was wondering what your opinions are on this German helmet? Thanks, Gary

Default M35 DD SS helmet, opinions please?

Hey guys,

I'm new here and was wondering what your opinions are on this German helmet?

Thanks,

Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD SS helmet, opinions please?   M35 DD SS helmet, opinions please?  

M35 DD SS helmet, opinions please?   M35 DD SS helmet, opinions please?  

M35 DD SS helmet, opinions please?   M35 DD SS helmet, opinions please?  

M35 DD SS helmet, opinions please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD SS helmet, opinions please?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M35 DD SS helmet, opinions please?

Sorry those are reproduction decals.

The runic decal is not a factory Q decal. It is a Pocher style decal, and I have issues regarding the shape, graphics and composition. I also see what appears to be saw tooth edges on the runes, so unfortunately my opinion is that it is a reproduction.

Who's selling and how much does he dare to ask ?

?

Possible knife marks around the upper borders of both decals too.

p.s. As it is your first post, welcome to the forum! Even though it says you've been a member for over three years...a somewhat belated welcome, but a welcome nonetheless.

Out of curiosity, was this on an online auction thru a professional auctioneer? I saw one today that looks like this one. If not, it's very similar.

Yes, tomorrow it is up for sale at an auction company near where I live. They specialize in guns but have militaria time to time. Expect to see them on tv in the near future.

Thanks Tiger88, yep signed up years ago but have visited sparingly since then. I'm more into Soviet stuff so I haven't made it over to this side of the forum much. I've got a little more free time (as well as $) on my hands so I'll be interacting more often now.

Thanks much to all for your expert insight. At least it shows a good example of a reproduction to watch out for...

Gary

?

Saw tooth edges what gave it away for me.

Tell the auction company to stick to guns.

Regards
    Samir

?

Is it an auction company in North Carolina?

Be careful with these auctions as they sell items A-Z and yes sometimes you can buy a bargain,sometimes!You usually dont have a return priviledge as they are sold as is.I have a D/D M/35 and the ones on the helmet you posted are NG.I have aquired a book called "GERMAN HELMET LOT NUMBERS 1935-1945 ONGOING RESEARCH" by Brian Rice.I t is 380 pages of incredible information on the production,why some ET #s have numbers after say ET64 4306.i cannot begin to tell the vast amout of knowledge that this man has put on paper.I dont think Ade would mind that the book my be ordered by going to WWW.LULU.COM.It also delves into the production of Paratrooper helmets as well as M/35'S,M/40'S,M/42'S and goes into the 'Q' series and all the others.It is very technical and its i believe a book that all helmet collectors should have IMO.Carl

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast