Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 & m42

Article about: My name is Allan (new member)and I think I have a problem. The accompanying pictures are of two helmets I bought couple of years ago as real and original. Since then I've had three different

Unhappy M35 & m42

My name is Allan (new member)and I think I have a problem. The accompanying pictures are of two helmets I bought couple of years ago as real and original. Since then I've had three different sources tell me the M35 is fake, repainted with fake details. The M42 is now suspect.
    I need confirmation from you gentlemen as to their authenticity so I can return them for refund. The last chap i spoke to told me to be sure of his analysis, I should ask this forum.
    The man I bought them from may or may not give me a refund, and he has promised me provenance for the M35 in March. I paid top dollar, so I may have to go to litigation. I don't know if I can ask this on this forum but would any of you be kind enough to send me email confirmation of your opinions so I can pursue it if necessary? email is allanfike@aol.com

ThanksM35 & m42M35 & m42M35 & m42M35 & m42M35 & m42M35 & m42M35 & m42M35 & m42M35 & m42M35 & m42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 & m42
    P
    Many

Please try to get your money back on both. Sorry..... Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I have a nasty suspicion the SS is a ground-up rebuilt with fake everything and the M42 is a Norwegian issue, humped up with the addition of a dodgy decal.

Good luck getting your money back. I'm going to guess you were stung $5K for the SS at least.

Hello, welcome to the forum. I am sorry to say that in my opinion the SS helmet has fake decals attempting to look like POCHER made pieces but the runic shield especially does not have sharp enough "breaks" to the shield. EF did make their own decals for the M42 but this is not one of them. The construction/pulver looks off to me and it has a fake chinstrap too. The M42 also looks like a classic Norwegian re-issue as already mentioned, with the standard "red dye" liner. That one has had a fake HEER Adler placed on to it. Sorry you have had such a "crappy" start to forum life mate. Leon.

PS: I have just mailed a Mod to move the thread into the SS helmet section otherwise our top man on SS helmets, Dougb may not see it!

Allan Im sure that the SS is fake as the decal is a known fake. There are other guys on this forum that have a lot more experience than me and will comment I hope.
    Steve

Moved to correct sub forum
    Ben

$3750

?

Your in good company, I got boned for 1400 USD on an SS helmet also! Since then I have joined & post all major purchases here.
    Good Hunting
    Curt

Ouch!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by allanfike View Post
    $3750
    Ouch! I really hope you get your money back without to much hassle. Leon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast