Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35, Quist DD SS helmet?

Article about: Good afternoon. I just wanted to ask, if this helmet is propably a good one. After comparing it with Mr. Kelly Hicks book, I am not sure... it has that crackling around the colours of party

Default M35, Quist DD SS helmet?

Good afternoon.

I just wanted to ask, if this helmet is propably a good one.
    After comparing it with Mr. Kelly Hicks book, I am not sure... it has that crackling around the colours of party shield, the runes seem to be correct to me, but I also could be totally wrong. Now I am ready to receive another teaching lesson.
    Any opinions?

Thank you.

Grenzwolf
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35, Quist DD SS helmet?   M35, Quist DD SS helmet?  

M35, Quist DD SS helmet?   M35, Quist DD SS helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35, Quist DD SS helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M35, Quist DD SS helmet?

Can you also post a picture of the inside , it's an important aspect of the authentification.
    Do you know the lotnumber ?

May we know where it is being sold ?

Here it comes...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35, Quist DD SS helmet?   M35, Quist DD SS helmet?  

M35, Quist DD SS helmet?  

The decals don't give me a good feeling , usually all you need is one look. Never saw a party shield loose its color like that (on the swastika).
    I hope Doug will offer his opinion as well in case I'm wrong.

Frank, I am with you. The party shield looks off, the swastika seems to be off center, lower in the disk than I have seen. The runes seem to have the right graphics but I don't like the right side of the decal - it looks as if it has bubbled up after application over some grit or something. I too look forward to Doug's analysis. This is not a "no" vote, I am just not sure. Jim G.

?

This one has been around and around and around now, I have been sent at least 3 separate emails on this helmet and my opinion is this is a very high end Q fake decal (the razor sharp version Frank) and mixed with a Pocher party shield copy. This Q decal is the same one I believe as the loose ones that come up for opinions every now and again.

I would personally not have this helmet on the same shelf as my SS lids and a direct to direct comparison will clearly show this I believe.

?

PS I believe this is an inkjet fake the same as the high end Pocher inkjet that I analysed on GHW and 200x magnification will prove this. Frank, isnt that a fake chinstrap?

?

I was thinking the same thing Doug, theres hardly any type of ageing, the edges appear rough cut, ie tufts of leather and it just doesnt sit right with me, also the stitching overwrapped on the outside edge appears very new

Out of interest, what story about the helmet did the sell give you, I mean how did he acquire it? I ask because I was offered it 2-3 weeks ago.

I have not bought it, yet. The seller sits in Croatia, he says.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast