Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M35 relic helmet ss decal?

Article about: Hello, Bought a very nice m35 helmet yesrerday. Looks like it had a field repaint or is reissued. It has been found in russia 10,5cm howitzer position near stalingrad. What came to my eyes w

Default M35 relic helmet ss decal?

Hello,

Bought a very nice m35 helmet yesrerday. Looks like it had a field repaint or is reissued. It has been found in russia 10,5cm howitzer position near stalingrad.

What came to my eyes was the weird white paint coming through the green paint.

Could it be a ss decal? ( bought it as a wehrmacht helmet so no worry if it's not ss)

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 relic helmet ss decal?   M35 relic helmet ss decal?  

M35 relic helmet ss decal?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 relic helmet ss decal?
    P
    Many

Hi, it is strange but I do not think it is the remains of an SS decal as there is no sign of black from the runes, and there would be plenty of that to in the white area exposed. Nice relic all the same. Leon.

Yes very true indeed.. but it is quite strange.. but yeah that's cool about relics.. sometimes it has some nice surprises makes it interesting. Thanks for the comment take care

Default Decal

Any thought what it could be? There are traces of black paint all over the shell.. maybe the decal could be tricolor? I can definately see some black remains in the left of the white paint.. and also some red in right low corner. However no visible signs of a decal on the left side of the helmet.

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 relic helmet ss decal?   M35 relic helmet ss decal?  

M35 relic helmet ss decal?   M35 relic helmet ss decal?  

That will be it! The base colour for the National shield is white so there will nearly always be much more of that remaining to a helmet that has had a hard life like this one. Any sign of the HEER decal to the other side? Leon.

Nope, not a trace of a decal... strange

No SS fought in Stalingrad or vicinity.

Maybe just has had 3 layers of paint on the helmet , Apple green ,white and then green over the white ?

Removed tiny tiny bit of the paint.. red and black paint appeared. So it must ve a double decal helmet. Probably heer. Thanks all