Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

m35 ss

Article about: Hello, I can buy this helmet of a collector. He said it's a real one but i have my doubts. It is markt ET 64 and 768. Also there's a purple stamp inside of it. can anyone help me with some v

?

Default m35 ss

Hello,

I can buy this helmet of a collector. He said it's a real one but i have my doubts.
    It is markt ET 64 and 768. Also there's a purple stamp inside of it.
    can anyone help me with some verification.

m35 ssm35 ssm35 ssm35 ssm35 ssm35 ssm35 ssm35 ss[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m35 ss   m35 ss  

m35 ss   m35 ss  

m35 ss   m35 ss  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m35 ss
    P
    Many

I am not well versed in SS decals but this one sure looks like it has been artificially distressed perhaps to cover up a fake decal. I defer to others with more experience. NH

Dreadful runes, not the real deal but looks like the helmet is ok, just ruined by the decal.

Hi, I would like to see some good straight on images of the runes without flash. They appear to be the correct ET pattern with the soft shield breaks and there is defiantly a metallic element to the pulver. Also the wear, although clearly not natural looks like a half hearted attempt to scrape off the decal. None of the scraping/scratches or chipping runs beneath the decal. I am inclined to give it a chance at the moment. Leon.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 10-11-2017 at 07:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Rather than look at what is there, look at what is NOT.
    This would have been a Single Decal M40 Heer at this lot number but as this photo clearly shows, there was never one on it....I think this is as good a proof that the decal is probably the original one.....

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m35 ss  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, I would like to see some good straight on images of the runes without flash. They appear to be the correct ET pattern with the soft shield breaks and there is defiantly a metallic element to the pulver. Also the wear, although clearly not natural looks like a half hearted attempt to scrape of the decal. None of the scraping/scratches or chipping runs beneath the decal. I am inclined to give it a chance at the moment. Leon.
    You have a good eye Leon

Decal looks good to me too

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Rather than look at what is there, look at what is NOT.
    This would have been a Single Decal M40 Heer at this lot number but as this photo clearly shows, there was never one on it....I think this is as good a proof that the decal is probably the original one.....

Dan
    Hi Dan
    Oh how do I say this without sounding "Pompous" or "know it all" ? I am not feeling well lately, forgive me if I do sound that way.

But too much importance & "trust" in lot# sequences. Whatever the lot# is on this, it is irrelevant in that all makers of M40s' left the factory with one type of decal or another except late war Qs'. A list of documented helmets with their associated lot#'s should not be the "end all" when judging what decal belongs on what lot# helmet.

Forgot to mention...I looked at Franks' lot# documents & lot#s' very close to this showed a few M40 SS helmets. Whatever list you referred to, you claim #768 should be a factory Heer SD M40. So again...nothing proven or "written in stone"

Hi David,
    Sorry to hear you have been unwell, hope you get better soon. Yes, I tend to fall back on lot numbers as down here we have too few actual helmets to compare.
    That is a sketchy basis to draw any conclusion on as you say. But if we strip that away, my aim was to show that the M40 should have left the factory with at least ONE decal of whatever service arm but not with nothing. I cannot see evidence of one on the left side from these photos so postulated that the runes were the only ones fitted to it..... ergo, they are legit, building on Leon & your other points.

cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hi David,
    Sorry to hear you have been unwell, hope you get better soon. Yes, I tend to fall back on lot numbers as down here we have too few actual helmets to compare.
    That is a sketchy basis to draw any conclusion on as you say. But if we strip that away, my aim was to show that the M40 should have left the factory with at least ONE decal of whatever service arm but not with nothing. I cannot see evidence of one on the left side from these photos so postulated that the runes were the only ones fitted to it..... ergo, they are legit, building on Leon & your other points.

cheers, Dan
    Okay Dan...got it. My fault I did not exactly understand what you were saying. But your reply is quite logical

I gotta say tip of the cap to you gents!. I would of wrote this off as postwar, as the damage to the decal looks forced and contrived to me. Seriously just a testament as to why this is still and always will be the forum where educated minds gather and learn from one another. w200 welcome to the forum. Thanks guys for a pleasant surprise and lesson. And yes EVEN to you too David LoL. Hope things are well brother and once again it's great to have you around. Kindest regards.

Brian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast