MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?

Article about: by radidas I'm can't add anything about the decals but the paint on the liner pins is not right, they stand out like a sore thumb! Pins are fine and not unusual on an M35 Q helmet.

Default M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?

Hello all,

Came across this one and wanted to get some more advanced opinions. Not a helmet collector but the decal looks correct to me for the Q68 shell. I tried to describe to the seller what I was looking for and she told me the inner band is marked 1939

So, if I'm wrong for asking I would like to apologize in advance. Not trying to offend anyone with my "is it real" thread, just need some honest help here because I really don't know.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?   M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?  

M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?   M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?
    P
    Many

?

I hate to nit pick but a closer clear photo of the decals is a must.

?

You need straight on shots of both decals. Try and avoid fish-eyed shots as well. Going by the pics you've provided thus far, I'm not comfortable with what I see.

?

What is the lot number and as has been said you need to post clear straight on photos of the decals. These are Q decals (the party decal and the runic decal) but real ones needs to be determined. As well there appears to be something funky going on with the paint. Much better pics of the entire helmet are needed.

?

Doug, is it my eyes or the decals are sitting on top of the camo? If the camo had been painted around the decals, I would have given it a chance until better pics were provided. At this point, I'm not a believer.

I'll see what I can do guys. Thanks for your help.

If it doesn't turn out to be legit if you guys could help me learn what is wrong with it I would appreciate that as well.

William Kramer

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Doug, is it my eyes or the decals are sitting on top of the camo? If the camo had been painted around the decals, I would have given it a chance until better pics were provided. At this point, I'm not a believer.
    It looks like the decals are liberated but with blurry photos it's really difficult to tell one way or the other. I'm going to reserve my opinion till better photos transpire.

Hi William , as Doug and SSamir have already said , the "style" of the decals is correct for a Quist helmet. That said I really could not tell you from these pictures whether or not they are originals or whether the cammo is period. I look forward to seeing some better images , if this turns out to be a good SS helmet it would be a very nice find (and expensive) indeed! Leon.

Looking forward to better pics. My biggest question is also on the paint, and the black tar-looking crap here and there.

I'm can't add anything about the decals but the paint on the liner pins is not right, they stand out like a sore thumb!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast