Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?

Article about: by radidas I'm can't add anything about the decals but the paint on the liner pins is not right, they stand out like a sore thumb! Pins are fine and not unusual on an M35 Q helmet.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Yup. I got this in a trade years ago.
    Gotcha!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?
    P
    Many

Hello again,

I've been told the lot number is 4808 and here are some better photos of the decals. There was mention that the decal was applied on top of the camo (obviously not correct if so) but why do you think that?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?   M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?  

M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?   M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?  

?

I would need this one in hand. There's something about both decals that are just not doing it for me. Best for you to wait for Doug to chime in.

Samir

?

The decals look fine to me, lot number is 5 off of another Q SS DD. William I never said they were under camo, that was someone else. These I said were liberated and the closeups prove that as evidence of the camo over the decals in recessed areas of the decals.

William I think you've got a good one here.

?

Doug, if the decal is a good one then we are most likely looking at a wide Q type. Photos are better but still have that fisheye effect for a good analysis. The party decals swas is thicker than any other swas I have seen on any Q type, but of course, doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad one.

William, it was I who said they look like they were applied on top of camo, because the photos you've provided were terrible so expect that.
    Last edited by SSamir; 01-03-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Quote by DougB View Post
    hese I said were liberated and the closeups prove that as evidence of the camo over the decals in recessed areas of the decals.
    when you say liberated, what exactly do you mean? Are you saying that they were covered up when the camo was applied or that the camo was removed from them to expose them?

thanks for all of the help so far.

William Kramer

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Doug, if the decal is a good one then we are most likely looking at a wide Q type. Photos are better but still have that fish-eye effect for a good analysis. The party decals swas is thicker than any other swas I have seen on any Q type, but of course, doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad one.

William, it was I who said they look like they were applied on top of camo, because the photos you've provided were terrible so expect that.
    Hi Samir,
    I don't see any red flags with either decal and the Q decal variances while I have no proof it is my theory that the displacement of ink was thicker in the center than the edge if the plate due to pressure hence the variances in runs of Q decals. That or a completely different press was used. Either way, I like both decals and neither exhibit traits of the high end Q fakes that I can see. The age and liberation of the decals is also a good sign.

I think less than good photos are a problem and in hand tells all of course.

?

Quote by all1knew View Post
    when you say liberated, what exactly do you mean? Are you saying that they were covered up when the camo was applied or that the camo was removed from them to expose them?

thanks for all of the help so far.

William Kramer
    Hi William,

By liberated I mean the camo covered the decals in whole or in part and an individual removed the paint to expose the decals, something commonly done "back in the day" but frowned upon today. In other words a collector more than likely removed the decals at some point. Have you the helmet in hand?

Your very welcome.

Cheers
    Doug

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi Samir,
    I don't see any red flags with either decal and the Q decal variances while I have no proof it is my theory that the displacement of ink was thicker in the center than the edge if the plate due to pressure hence the variances in runs of Q decals. That or a completely different press was used. Either way, I like both decals and neither exhibit traits of the high end Q fakes that I can see. The age and liberation of the decals is also a good sign.

I think less than good photos are a problem and in hand tells all of course.
    Hi Doug,

The slight fisheye shots that was provided didn't give me a satisfactory feeling, because it slightly threw the decal's graphics off, and it is why I stated that I would need this one in hand, never said it was bad, just need to know what exactly we are looking at. I'm very strict with SS decals and it will take a lot for me to give an SS helmet the thumbs up. Better safe than sorry. =)

Regards
    Samir
    Last edited by SSamir; 01-03-2014 at 07:57 AM.

?

By the way, Doug, I can relate to your theory, makes sense to me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast