Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M35 SS DD Parade helmet

Article about: I’ve been doing living history for over 30 years now but only recently got into WW2 living history in the last 8 years or so. Since then I’ve acquired a few Third Reich items. My latest is t

Looks like a cross between an M35 and an M16 with the longer rear skirt and deeper dome. Whoever created this piece of fakery was obviously trying to create an archetypal/generic German army helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SS DD Parade helmet
    P
    Many

Almost seems like someone took an M18 shell maybe repro or original, punched out the air vent holes, bought repro M35 air vents (you can get them on eBay for 7€, used them myself to restore a post war used NS62 shell which was missing both air vents) and just stuck them in there as some sort of weird contraption
    Luis

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Almost seems like someone took an M18 shell maybe repro or original, punched out the air vent holes, bought repro M35 air vents (you can get them on eBay for 7€, used them myself to restore a post war used NS62 shell which was missing both air vents) and just stuck them in there as some sort of weird contraption
    Luis
    The shell is Original on this one, they made these in steel and aluminium.
    The steel versions were worn by the Sicherheitsdienst with SS decals. But also Teno, Police , Bahnschutz Police.

Really, did not know that, thanks. Learn something new everyday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2